Sunday, July 20, 2008

made it to Jackson

We have arrived at our first destination, the "layover" evening in Jackson, Miss. We arrived at 9:20 pm and had absolutely no problems at all. The girls were fairly good once we got the headphones situation straightened out. I must say, the drive through the top half of Mississippi was not nearly as boring as I thought. Sure, we went MILES without seeing a house or building, but the hills were bigger than what we are accustomed to. It was actually kind of pretty. So, that tells me the REALLY boring part of the drive will be tomorrow.

For the first time in their lives, the girls gave us that DREADED question....are we there yet???? They must have asked it twenty times, or they asked when we'd get to the hotel. OH GEEZE! They are just so excited, they put the dvd Annie in after they ate dinner, but they gave that up as it was getting dark. I am actually glad these exhausted girls did not fall asleep as it meant getting them to bed tonight was easier.

When we checked in the hotel, we learned the pool was open until 11 instead of 10. SO, we let them swim for a bit...Dave went with them and I just sat on the edge. They had a BLAST and Abbi did a perfect dive off the side of the pool! Libbi would jump off in the "deep" end (5 feet) and be very excited she touched the bottom, then she would swim the entire length of the pool back to the shallow end. She swims quite good underwater, but was starting the doggy paddle thing tonight and did great! She must have done that about ten times! Dave was right there in the pool with her, so no worries there. It was too dark or I would have taken some pictures. We came back to the room, they got showers, I got a shower and they are fast asleep! We are not far behind! The plan is to wake up around 6:30 (Dave just told me 6 am) and be gone within an hour or so. The hotel is decent, considering it is free because Dave used a bunch of his points. It has two queen size beds....girls are sacked out in one of them.

So, there is a Tropical Storm Dolly looking to enter the Gulf of Mexico this week, but to go towards Texas and not near where we are, it formed out of nowhere! Interesting to say the least.

I love having my laptop with me to do little updates about the trip, that way we won't forget it!

As the girls crawled on top of the bed when we got here, Dave and I had a "moment". Our girls are getting so darn big! Where does the time go? Then in the pool with them both able to really fend for themselves.

Well, we have a VERY big two days coming up and I need to get my sleep.

No comments: