Monday, June 30, 2008

YES....sleep!

I finally had a good night's sleep. I desperately needed it as I've not been sleeping well. The girls and I had a nice, lazy day around here. I got more laundry done, changed sheets, cleaned my desk off in the office, went through a huge pile of stuff, etc. Our tax stimulus check came today so we deposited that and went to Lowe's to get some stepping stones for our back yard as well as some flowers. We decided to just go to dinner up in Millington (our bank is there, by the Navy base) and ended up at Ryan's Steakhouse. It's been a LONG time since I ate at one of those and even with my diet, I managed to do ok. I ate very slow. The girls ate popcorn shrimp...yes, I still cannot believe my picky eater of a child (Elizabeth) ate it and loved it. It was larger pieces, which I can hardly stand to eat myself due to the texture, which surprised me even more with her! I ate turkey breast, I figured at least that was lower in fat than most of the other artery clogging items to choose from. I tell you, if you want to see many, many very huge people, just eat at a buffet. Wow. It made me feel great about the 2.5 pounds I lost this past week! I'm glad we very rarely eat at buffets.

The weather this week is going to be right around 90 degrees each day and sunny. I am thankful for it not being in the upper 90s. In the evenings it is very nice out! The girls were begging to swim, so we let them for about a half hour. They then got out and got showers and are "slumber partying" in Abbi's room. They are quietly talking, which is fine.....at 9 pm they will need to quiet down and stop the conversation. I know they are very tired.

I thought I would do something different, a "here's what I pay today" for some items. It will be interesting to see how things change through the years!

GAS....is about $3.89 a gallon here, though this evening I got it for $3.65 a gallon at Kroger with my rewards/Kroger card.

MILK....is $3.69 a gallon...hmm, seems almost similar to the gas cost!

McDonald's sundae....99 cents (that's with or without topping)

BREAD.......$1.69 a loaf (on sale) for the kind I like, but if I got store brand it's $1.00

MOVIE TICKET.....$5-6 matinee, $9 or more for evening (not that we've been in a long time)

Throughout the summer, I am going to do a few more things on this blog...stories and things that my girls will one day be able to read....stories about my mother, my divorce, the trials and tribulations of life (mine and theirs), and so forth. It is one thing to pass down stories via talking about them, but entirely different to have them written down as they really happened, before they were forgotten over the years.

:) I am headed towards my big bath tub for a nice, hot soak with some bubbles.

Tomorrow is my day to make phone calls to schedule things. The week will get a little busy towards the end with the holiday.

Later

No comments: