Wednesday, July 30, 2008

My intuition was RIGHT!!!!!

I am officially an elementary music teacher now! I got the call about an hour ago, she sure did not waste any time (the principal). Now starts the flurry of getting all the paperwork filed with the district as well as getting a physical and a TB test and signing contract. I have two days, I am not sure if the district will be able to get everything done for me to be able to start Monday, but we'll see. I will go pick up the papers I need at the board of ed tomorrow morning then get the doctor to sign them and then get copies of everything else I need. WHEW!

OK...this also means I have to go through my "teaching boxes" and get all my things I have collected for elementary music. LOTS to do and not much time.

BUT, a job! Dave is very happy and I am so glad I will be gainfully employed! It is a HUGE relief that I will not have to spend too much extra time at the school as well and nothing like being the director of a band program and everything connected with that.

This has another interesting side as well. The school is right up the street from the church that wants me to teach some lessons and maybe even a few band classes. I can work that out! My school is a 9-4 school day, I wish it was earlier as I will have to make arrangements to get someone to get the girls to ballet on Tues and Wed, but that is just a minor thing.

:) Such a relief and now I can finally go on with my life and let go of last year completely.

1 comment:

susan said...

Get the TB test done ASAP if you haven't. It can't be read for either 2 or 3 days--don't remember which--and you can't get the letter clearing you for teaching until it's read. I didn't realize this last year when I was hired. Now I'm looking for something new and hope I don't have to do it again.