Oh how such a great day we had today! I slept good last night, I found a way to sleep on my right side while not allowing the elbow to move and IT WORKED!!! Dave let me sleep until I wanted to get up today, I crawled out of bed at 11 am! The girls slept until after 9 this morning after swimming fro two hours at the neighborhood fireworks party last night. I can't remember if I posted last night or not, but they are like FISH and adore the water! Libbi would rather swim underwater and is really good at it for being just four years old! Abbi took to the diving board and Dave taught her how to front dive. Lots of belly flops later, she did two fairly decent ones before Daddy had to leave to go to the other side of the lake to help shoot off all the fireworks. The guy who lives at the house we went to does not have kids, so he spends tons of $$ on fireworks for his fav holiday. He had some really nice ones! Libbi got used to the diving board and had a blast jumping all evening! Around 9:30, Libbi crawled into my arms and fell asleep. We took her inside and she stayed asleep on me (Dave carried her, no way could I) for another hour while all the other kids (6-7 of them at that time) had a dance party to the music in the same room I was in with Libbi asleep. The girl did not move! She woke around 10"30 and decided she was ready to play...was cute! We finally left around 11:45 pm and the girls came home and went straight to bed without a word or a fight...whew. They slept until after 9 am.
When they woke up, Dave took them on their bikes to go clean up the fireworks mess at the lake, so I got a quiet morning. One I did manage to get my hiney out of bed, the girls had lunch and then it was time for me to attempt a shower and washing my hair. My arm is still a good bit numb and sore and VERY swollen. It was extremely difficult to do those things and hurt, but I did it! Tomorrow I should be able to start using it again. I got the wrist brace the doctor told me to get today and will quit using the sling tomorrow and wear the brace to slowly get the arm working again now that it's had rest. I so want to be able to play flute Sunday, we'll have to see. I have ice on the elbow now hoping to get the swelling down.
So, we then went to the Knight's party at one of their houses and WHOO HOO, great fun again. The girls got in the pool around 2:30 pm and did not get out until about 9:30 (ok, they did get out to eat, but still). The gals all sat around and talked while our guys played cornhole and horse shoes while the kids were all in the pool. I cannot believe the 60 percent chance of storms just never happened! Abbi decided to try front flips of the diving board...no idea where she learned to do them, but she did great from her first try. Once Dave got in the pool for a bit, Libbi even tried to dive and did all right. The girls just had a great time playing with all their friends, eating huge cupcakes, dancing to the music and being fussed over by all the dads. Near the end of the evening, Abbi was in the pool by herself and I've been working with her here at home on back floating, but she just had not gotten the hang of it....BUT, she figured it out! She did so great and I can't believe how much she has improved..I mean, diving, front flips and floating all in one day!
Some kid funnies from the day...The huge cupcakes, well, Libbi would eat the icing off first and at one point had red icing on her face and nose and really all over...it was cute. She'd grin at me real big and had red teeth too. Last night, Libbi watched the fireworks in a chair next to me while holing her fingers in her ears....a step up from last year running in the house crying. Well, tonight they were shooting little ones off near the house we were at, and she was not afraid of them at all...no fingers plugging the ears or anything. She was so proud of herself..."Mommy, I not scared". Abbi did prefer to watch them from the pool, but last night she was running around the yard while the big, loud ones went off so they were not bothering her. Of course tonight the girls both fell asleep on the drive home and came home and I can assure you the will never remember getting themselves up to bed they were so pooped. There were still lots of people setting off fireworks in our neighborhood (none super close though) and I really doubt they had a clue. They are in their own beds completely oblivious to anything and hard asleep.
I am just icing the arm to make the swelling go down. My fingers are huge on the right hand! The wrist is puffy. No wonder I was told to keep lots of ice on it...and I really haven't. I guess the steroids make this happen, along with the drugs in the shot.
Tomorrow, I gave Dave a kitchen pass to go play golf at noon with some of the Knights. He had one of the other guys ask me, it was funny. I asked well, what time and when he said Noon, I was like heck yeah, he can go...they all looked at me like HUH??? Ok, first of all, I NEVER say no to his golf, he only asks so few times a year. He must have really thought I would say no because of my arm or being with the girls all the time now, but no, he needs his fun too. He's happy. We're hoping our friends Kevin and Jennifer are back in town tomorrow night and that they can come over to enjoy just relaxing here. The kids can swim and the adults can hang out.
We'll see.
Can I tell you how nice it is that the girls are a bit older and can handle themselves while we are at other's houses? When they were younger, I feared for their safety by water, I feared they would break something inside, I feared they'd get hit by the big kids or adults playing their games, I just had to keep m eye on them every second. However, now that they are older, it is completely different! They are just awesome when we are at parties and such. Being able to relax myself really makes it nice! heck, having the time to do all this stuff instead of having so many band obligations is nice too. I used to spend so much time having band practices, planning shows and so forth, I did not realize everything I had given up. Even greater realization that perhaps high school is just not where I need to be.
Well, it is almost midnight and my bed is calling.
No comments:
Post a Comment