Sunday, July 6, 2008

more to say

Dave and I are watching Extreme Home Makeover, and usually he of just kind of doesn't pay attention. Well, tonight's episode is about a single, injured Marine with four young children. I did not know Dave when he was an active Marine, but I have always known just how deep his pride for them runs. It changed his life. I was reminded again tonight just how special it is to him as he shed tears along with those Marines on tv. Not just once, but a few times.

I know my husband has a heart, he really does, but to see him so exposed even just for a little bit, and show that super soft and vulnerable side is sweet. The girls just smiled and he smiled right back at them. The pride I felt was just amazing, my heart swelled even more. When people are passionate about something, it touches them to the soul...just as this episode has touched him and brought back a special time in his life and a pride he never will lose.

So, I went outside earlier to water the flowers, and wow was it ever humid! The combination of steroids and heat/humidity is NOT good! I had to come back in within about 15 minutes because I could feel my body swelling and Dave said I was turning all red (and the sun was already behind the houses!). I'll have to ice my arm again tonight! I thought I had one more day of the pills, but I have two. I don't know how people who willingly make themselves take steroids to build up can stand this swelling, but perhaps they take other stuff to counteract it, who knows.

The girls took themselves to bed and are having a slumber party and watching Disney Channel upstairs. We don't mind them talking for a bit at all. They have gotten along so well today and to hear them laughing and enjoying each other is wonderful!

Ok, nuff mush for one night..I love you Dave!

No comments: