Friday, August 1, 2008

Which way is up?

Life has been a happy flurry the last 24 hours, and today is a bit more of a flurry trying to get everything I can completed for the paperwork side of my new job. On today's agenda s to get fingerprinted/background check and then stop by the school to get the teacher manuals so I can begin working on lesson plans this weekend (and sneak a peek at my classroom).

I also need to get to the grocery store at some point and since today-Sunday is tax free shopping I need to get school supplies and school clothes and a few other things taken care of.

Yesterday, I went to my doctor to get my physical as well as that TB skin test. I also had my doctor check out my elbow since I am having absolutely no improvement and a localized pain right on the tendon on the elbow and just below. My doctor said it is probably a decent tear, so he referred me to the wonderful orthopedic clinic and I'll pay them a visit Wednesday morning. The clinic has all the testing equipment (MRI machine, Xray, etc), offers physical therapy, and also has an outpatient surgery center all on site. That is important to me because when I was going through things with my shoulder I had to drive a long way to appointments in all different places. When Abbi broke her arm a few years ago, her ped sent her to this clinic and I was amazed everything was right there in one location that was not too far from home too! I knew that is where I wanted to go. I am sensing surgery. I will also have them take a look at my shoulder too. I am also sensing with great interpretation that I will be told to lay off playing flute for a while. I pray not. The good news is that my new job does NOT require constant conducting with that arm (there are a LOT of good news things about this job) and I could technically be without use of the arm if need be for an extended amount of time. I could not before.

Anyways, I am anxious to see what the doctor says and what the next course of action will be.

Last night was one of those strange evenings. I had a meeting at the dance studio and took Libbi with me at 6 pm. When we got home, Dave was readying the fishing poles...I opted out of that and made a grocery list and worked on watering the flowers and such. HORRIBLE, slow-moving storms kept forming right over us but then going south and not giving us a single drop of water. After the family got back from fishing, the girls were playing and we just watched the clouds. It was at sunset and the sky was just such an odd color. The air was mercifully cooler (has been so hot) and just after sunset a lot of people came outside.....probably to see the weird sky). We ended up staying outside until 9:30 pm chatting and our kids were all riding bikes. It was just so eerie, but most enjoyable to just be able to drop everything and enjoy our neighborhood! We hadn't even eaten dinner, and while I do not like having dinner so late at night, we managed to get the girls in a rinse-off shower and then have a throw-together type dinner.

Well, it is time to go run those errands or I don't stand a chance of making it to a breathing point later in the day. We are out of milk, I so miss my morning cereal (Strawberry Rice Crispies) so a granola bar will have to do. I am back on my losing weight mission and I hope to conquer!

No comments: