GRRR, Mondays should be outlawed. Really, is there anything much fun about them? After a weekend with my girls, even though we were stuck inside because of the rain, I was so not ready to go back to work. Is this a sign that I am already ready for summer?
My general music class mostly FORGOT that there was an exam today, if I graded their tests without a curve, only about five would have passed it. What's even more is that every single question came out of the packet that they did, the packet I said they needed to use as a study guide, and the list goes on. So many of them just blew it off or didn't care. They knew this was worth a major portion of their grade. Tomorrow they have the second part, the listening. They will listen to 15 parts of music pieces we studied as we learned about the time periods in music history and determine what period the music is from. SIGH.....I told them exactly what they'd see on the test as we were going over things the past few weeks. Well, looks like I'll have a big curve, but then there will still be several students who do not pass....but my take is they should have paid attention and taken It seriously. OH, here's the kicker, today, I gave them the last 20 minutes of the test to use their notes and packet.
The band classes were squirrely today. but so were my own children. I think all the rain has them feeling and acting kinda cooped up and restless. There are moments I wonder if I will survive the next two months without screaming lol!
We are expecting lots of storms tonight, I have the girls in the tub and will get them to bed early to try and get them enough sleep. I will get myself to bed early too, seems a cold or something is trying to take the better of me. Dave came home from work at lunch because he did not feel well and barely has a voice. I do not want to have to miss work. Tomorrow morning I have to be there 30 minutes prior to normal because we are having a metal detector search of the students. This takes a good deal of time to put roughly 1800 students through.
Abbi had her first dance company practice today for the recital, their dance is cool. Libbi decided to wear a skirt UNDER her dress today, so she looked a bit odd. Can you tell Daddy is the one who sees to them getting dressed and off in the mornings as I am well gone by that time????
LOL...such is the life. Wonder when the tornado watch will be called for here....hmmmmm.
No comments:
Post a Comment