Friday, March 7, 2008

The "WHITE STORM" has started!

Well, I'll be darned! Yep, the snow just started coming down. My school dsitrict was schedueld for a half day and teacher work day in afternoon....we had the school day (YES...no make-up in May or June)ut our work afternoon was cancelled. I went to lunch with the fine arts teachers, then came right on home. It was dry at the place we ate at, then as I drove, I started getting drizzle, then sleet, now snow and sleet and now it is coming down harder. The girls are next door playing, Abbi's school shut down two hours early and Dave came home early from work and went ahead and picked the girls up.

They are calling for 4-6 inches and it is going to be cold enough all day tomorrow for this stuff to stick around. This is so cool, a real snowstorm!

It's sooooo cold. The temp is around 32, but the wind chill is down around 20 and it is windy...this is the bone chilling cold. Our house is very cold right now. We are going to bundle up and watch the snow. Shall I take bets that it is 75 degrees next weekend?

4:45 pm update: Heavy Snow...about 1-1.5 inches on the ground with lots left to come through midnight. The girls went out briefly and made little snowballs and threw them at each other, it's the wet kind of snow. Yes, we took pictures, now if I can get Dave to put the pictures online, I can get them out to you! We thought about running to church for the fish fry, but don't want to risk the weather. Doesn't look like the roads are too bad, but in the south people just go nuts . We would be more worried about the other people driving. So, we are having our own fish fry/bake here at home. The girls clothes are drying, but I told them they could go back outside later even if it is dark, to play in wet snow as we get more.

YAY....got my winter wonderland!

7:30 pm update: BRRRRR, just came in from playing outside with the girls. Yes, it's dark, yes it's cold, but we haven't seen snow like this in two years. The girls made snow angels and snowballs and we took a little walk up the street in the snow. The wind makes it very cold though so we didn't last too long out there. Nothing like having a huge pile of wet clothes by the door!!!! I put the yardstick on the ground and it looks like we have 2.5-3 inches right now with the stuff still coming down. It's so pretty and peaceful.

Time to get those girls in the bathtub.

10:00 pm: BRRR, I am cold. It's still snowing and all of our footprints from playing outside earlier are all covered up. Not sure how much we have now and not going out to check either. It is too cold. Girls are asleep. Libbi got a bit testy, then I realized because we picked her up early from daycare, she got no nap. She was headed towards meltdown, but got to bed in time to avoid one. WHEW! They are saying a few more hours of snow before it's over. I hear that up in Ohio where we used to leave is getting over a foot of snow....that'd be kind of fun for a change, but I'll take what we are getting since it is so rare.

No comments: