Saturday, March 15, 2008

All HAIL the egg hunt

Well, I've never seen a more interesting egg hunt in my life! After storms all night long again, a power outage, and about two hours of sleep on my part (that makes maybe 4 hours of sleep in 48 hours now) we woke to sunny skies and temps around 60 degrees. The news said the storms were over so we headed on to church for the egg hunt. We set up the face-painting table and got the eggs put out in the driest areas we could fin for each age group....but still in a wet muddy mess lol. The hunt was to start at 10 am, and of course it is always over within minutes. A few minutes before, it started raining, so they decided to start it on early. Right after they told the kids to GO, it started raining harder and hailing. You thought kids gathered eggs fast on a sunny day, you've never seen them gather them in rain and hail! Before you bash me for allowing my kids to be in hail, it was completely unexpected, as was the storm. The hail was only about half the size of a penny and not a whole lot of it. Once the eggs had been gathered, it started raining harder and we made it back into the storage garage at church, where they had moved the face painting and such. As we got in, it started pouring and lightning and thunder...whew! By then the kids didn't care, they had their eggs and candy. My girls were content to have seen their friends and participate.

That was just so weird though. It was pretty sunny when we left and the news said no more rain. They couldn't have been more than wrong! Driving home, we ran into really heavy rain and the water just standing everywhere is amazing. It's stopped for now.

The plan for the day is to do much of nothing except some housework and stay inside. I've started a grocery list, so that might be in the works too. Dave has a Knight's degree to work at church this afternoon. I am hoping tonight we can start on Abbi's pink room.

I think I am going to go lay down and get me a nap. I deserve one!

No comments: