Friday, March 14, 2008

Libbi's bedroom wall is PURPLE

So, we bought the paint months ago for the girls' rooms, but didn't get a chance to put it on the walls (or at times didn't make the chance). I am thrilled to report that Libbi's walls are about done. Whenever we paint, my job is to do the trim that I can reach from the floor, doorways, walls, baseboards, etc. Dave does the high stuff on the ladder and uses the roller.

Her walls are a light purple now! We are hoping one coat will do it, I think it will. Over spring break, I will hang the flowers up on her wall corners. Every few inches in the top corners all along the top, I will staple silk flowers. I did this for Abbi's room at the old house and she loved it. She wanted something different for her room here so she will go pink and no flowers. After the paint is all up, we can finally go on with curtains and room decor. I think we'll manage to get Abbi's room done over the weekend.

I sat down here at my computer and turned the tv on, and ended up on ESPN, the SEC basketball tournament. They are playing in the Georgia Dome and a tornado apparently passed by overhead. You could see the light fixtures and such swinging back and forth and the roof was moving with the wind. You could clearly hear a very loud wind sound and the teams and crowd obviously reacted, very odd.

The girls are up at daycare at parent's night out. The teachers had lots of fun things planned and both girls were excited to go. They are there until 11 pm, so about another 1.5 hours. Is it a wonder why we painted without them under foot? Libbi won't sleep in her own room tonight, so the paint can dry completely and no fumes. Though I tell ya, paint doesn't stink like it used to.

However, I bet both girls will end up in our bedroom again asleep on the floor.....storms are forecast. Last night we had waves of storms all night long, and I was awakened many times by thunder and when the girls came downstairs. I probably wouldn't be far off if I said I got maybe two hours of sleep in all. I hope it is a quiet night, but at least we do not have work or school tomorrow. There is an Easter egg hunt at church at 10 am.

:)

No comments: