Sunday, March 16, 2008

WHOO HOO, Spring Break!!!

We had a great day today! I did get a nap yesterday, but was still very behind on sleep. When my alarm went off at 7:30 am to go play at church, I just didn't feel well enough to get out of bed. Abbi came down at that time too and was crying, her head was hurting. We gave her Motrin and she went back to bed and I went back to sleep. At some point, Dave got up with Libbi and Abbi and I slept until about 10 am. I feel bad that I missed playing at church, but I never miss and I did not feel well.

The extra sleep did both Abbi and I well and we felt better. After breakfast, we all headed to do the grocery shopping for the week. Libbi had a meltdown because she wanted to ride in the cart and we said no, then she got mad because she couldn't write on her paper and walk. Dave took her to the car and she came back with a much better attitude. I just do not know what is getting into her! After her nap, she was on her jeep and went into the street. I made her come inside and she was in time-out for a bit. When she was allowed back outside, she was banned from the jeep. Dave and the girls and I were hanging out at our neighbors house while all of our kids played outside. It got to near 63 degrees today. We went out to dinner to the little Mexican place here in town and when we got back home she had some sort of meltdown about something and ended up with a drop of hot sauce in her mouth. That did the trick. I really do not know what is going on with her. She doesn't take the word no well, even though we certainly stick to our guns and don't give in. This is something completely different from what Abbi ever went through.

Abbi started feeling poorly right before dinner. She did eat, but then put her head down and said her throat hurt. When we got home, I took her temp and it was only about 99.6. I was talking to our neighbors earlier today and apparently there is a strain of strep going around that has low grade fever, sore throat, headache, etc. HMMMMMM. I think I'll be taking her to the doc tomorrow for a test. Abbi got a shower, then did not complain about going right to bed. She does have a bit of a runny nose, but not drippy. She seems so miserable at moments, and I know she isn't being sulky or such. She genuinely does not feel well. I know she slept badly the two nights I did, and then she said she did not sleep well last night either. Here's to hoping she doesn't feel lousy the entire spring break! Abbi is home with me the whole break. I hate it when my girls are sick.

Nope, we did not get Abbi's room painted, we thought better of being outside. Tomorrow is supposed to be nice as well...and near 75 degrees! It's then supposed to rain Tuesday and Wednesday. Tuesday, Abbi and I will be going to see Horton Hears a Who with our neighbors...that should be fun! I bet Dave and I will get going on Abbi's room tomorrow night. I'll get the Flowers up in Libbi's room tomorrow too, if Dave leaves me the staple gun lol.

Dave's sisters Michelle and Nicki are coming down for Easter, it will be so nice to see them! I know the girls are so anxious and excited to see them too, they just adore their aunts! The EASTER BUNNY has done some preparing :)

I'll probably have lots of updates this week seeing that I will be home so much! My girls are going to have so much fun going back and reading this one day....a chronicle of their days.

I'm not sure how many people actually are reading this...if you are....PLEASE leave a comment.

You know life is calmer than normal when I have time to watch tv. I have watched Cutting Edge 1, 2 and am now watching the premiere of #3. I also watched Ice Castles and Oprah's Big Give...along with other things I am sure I do not remember. I've not watched this much tv since last summer. Sure is nice to have some down time. I am so looking forward to this week with my Abbi. She is growing up so fast and while I love both of my girls and have special bonds with them....there's just something about your oldest. Abbi and I look so much alike, she even acts like me. She's ever the mommy...I so remember being that way with my sister. She has her own strong willed attitude and can hang tough with the best of them, but can also curl up with her toys or books for a good long while. She has moments where she is right by my side, she smiles at me with that huge, toothy grin, and I want to freeze time forever in that moment with her. I wish my Mother was still alive to see her grow up. I know Mom would be telling me just how much Abbi and I are alike. I know she'd smirk a little bit knowing just what I am in for with that strong willedness (is that a word?). Thanks Mom, for being so great. I miss you so much, but I feel you in so much of what I do each day. I hope my children one day will look back and feel the gratitude I do, I think they will. I hope I have the chance to be here a good long time to watch my girls grow up, marry and have their own children that I too can watch grow.

Well, enough ranbles for one night. I am going back to my movie. Then a nice, hot bath.

No comments: