The Passion Play has started! Two days of performances down, three to go. To say the very least, I am humbled. It is such an honor and privilege to play this music for the audience, to help tell such a great story. It is more of an honor and blessing to see the story told, and be reminded the very reason why I am here on this earth.
It is simply precious that my daughter Abbi is in it. She is finished with her performances. She did such a great job and I beamed with pride like I never imagined each time I saw her on the stage. She was one of the little children who got to run to Jesus, on top of the things I mentioned the other night that she gets to do. Once she got on stage for the opening, she would look at me and grin the biggest grin you ever saw. You know, that has to be the closest to God I have ever felt...the smile of my own daughter experiencing such joy, and the pure love in her eyes towards me. She is standing here watching me type this and grinning at me lol.
Dave and Libbi and several friends came last night to see the production. I am happy to say that my husband was not struck by lightning upon entering the place he makes some fun of. He managed to get several VERY good pictures of Abbi on stage. Of course, he didn't get any of me...it is pitch black in the orchestra pit and we are dressed in black to blend in. I will have him get them scanned in and try to post them here. A professional photographer took pictures of me and my flute, and they'll get Abbi on Monday in her Biblical costume.
So, the "funny" parts to this whole experience so far. The fog machines they use must have been working in overdrive last night (opening night). It opens to Moses giving a speech of sorts in the morning, and naturally the morning dewy fog. WELL, those machines were pumping out so much fog that we could hardly breathe. We were blowing the fog in front of us whenever we could to get it out of the way so we could see our music. The stuff just kept billowing in! It did this also in the garden scene where Jesus's disciples fall asleep (that's a fairly long scene too). When I was driving home afterwards, it was so foggy outside...Dave said that all the fog from inside the church escaped and had to go somewhere lol. Last night, wasn't my best night for playing in tune. Not sure why, but it just wasn't. However, I am happy to report that today I had great sound! It feels very normal and natural now after three performances. We had two of them today. I could have done another! The "funny" for this evening was that in the part where the children run to Jesus, one little boy stopped a bit early and a girl behind him ran into him and almost knocked him over....BUT, the boy stayed on his feet. There's a part where Jesus is healing and performing miracles...and a demonic is part of that. They take the little kids (Abbi included) backstage so that they do not get scared...it's pretty intense and the man acts really crazy. Abbi of course saw the guy backstage first and up in the dressing areas earlier. Today at dinner, the guy was still in costume and stage make-up, but acting like a normal person. All of the performers and musicians went to the big church hall to eat dinner in between the performances. YUM, Chick-fil-A. Abbi and a little friend were with me, and we ran across the demon guy. I learned he has a name.....Justin. Abbi and her friend told me his name and they were a little scared to walk near him, but thought it was funny he was eating a chicken sandwich. He was all they could talk about! They got used to the fact that he was just acting, and that he was a person just like us.
All the stage children go around and get the signatures of the cast members, and Abbi asked me if she could go with me tomorrow and do that...I said yes. She is very excited!
Can you tell, this has just been an amazing experience for me so far. Another moment in my life...I feel like I am right where I belong in this new service I have in playing with this church and sharing my gift.
Abbi is standing here watching me type, and she keeps correcting my spelling haha. She's so funny.
I could type on for hours, I just am having so much fun with this, and it just feels so right with my soul. It makes me so happy, and makes me forget those few parts of my life that do not make me happy. I am better able to cope with the bad because of this wonderful part of my life. THANK YOU GOD AND JESUS! Abbi just told me that my eyes are sparkly.
I'll update again in a few days, and perhaps I'll have some more funny stories to share.
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment