Friday, March 28, 2008

Tired Me

I was one happy gal to see Friday arrive this week! I have been sleeping terrible and it is amazing I have been able to make it through the days teaching. Somehow though, I have. The weekend has nothing planned except to play at church Sunday. I also need to make up a general music test that I am giving Monday. Then add catching up on laundry and sleep. It is supposed to rain all day tomorrow but then be mostly decent Sunday with temps near 80!

I let Dave "escape" tonight and do the grocery shopping for the coming week and I let him keep BOTH girls at home with me. They watched High School Musical while I watched Dateline. Libbi had ballet today and I sent her ballet bag with her this morning to school. I thought it was all set to go, but when i went to pick her up from school to take her to ballet, her teacher said her leotard and tights weren't in the bag...and then I looked....DIRTY CLOTHES lol. I had forgotten to clear it out and then put her clean outfit back in the bag two weeks ago...I felt horrible. She cried and cried, not wanting to go to ballet in street clothes. So, since I had no time to take her all the way home and get her clothes, I went to the little boutique store next to the studio and got her a new leotard and tights...she was set to go. She really is doing very nicely in her dance classes. She is very talented and doesn't seem to be having any more issues of not wanting to dance during class. They spent a good deal of time today on the number they are doing for tap for the recital and these little girls are all doing a great job! They will be so cute at their recital in May.

One of my co-workers had her horse put down last night. She was called out to her barn yesterday morning and her horse was in distress. She thinks he got cast (stuck on the ground in the corner and unable to get up to his feet) in his stall. When this happens, horses panic and try desperately to get up. He most likely twisted his colon /other organs and tore part of something. This then causes awful pain and infection. Her horse was taken to a clinic and she said even with medication he was still obviously in pain and not doing well, so she had him put on down as to not suffer. Her horse was a five year old quarter horse she bought for her husband (they just got married a week ago) and she was showing me pictures of him today playing in the snow we got a few weeks ago. She knew I have tons of horse experience so she spent a few minutes explaining to me what happened and I just hugged her.

Well, I need to go soak in my jacuzzi. My back hurts and my arm still hurts...all from not sleeping well and tossing and turning and sleeping on my arm funny. I am sure I will need to get creative with the girls tomorrow with activities here to keep them occupied since it is supposed to rain. That's ok, I love being with them!

No comments: