Monday, March 17, 2008

Don't pinch me, I'm wearing green AND I am IRISH!

You should be impressed, I even managed to get BOTH my girls wearing green and my husband wore a green shirt too (all on his own accord). Happy St. Patrick's Day, even though it's almost over.

So, I had a great day. I think almost every bit of it was good, until 7 pm. As we were finishing dinner, Abbi looked a little pale and said her head hurt. She had been doing pretty well all day, but when I felt her head she was burning up! Temp was 104!!!! I quick called the evening sick clinic and we raced out the door to get to the clinic by 7:30 (it can be a 35-40 minute drive). We made it just a few minutes over, but they took us anyways and it only took me 24 minutes to get there (the green light God was watching over me). She laid down on the table when we were called back (the girl has finally slipped over the 50 pound mark, she hovered at 48 pounds for maybe 2 years) and almost fell asleep. They took 2 swabs of her throat and they came back positive almost immediately. So, a prescription for an antibiotic was given, and the doctor also gave her an excuse note for school, but wait...she does not have school this week. Poor thing, to be sick on spring break! Actually though, she does not feel too bad most of the time. She does sleep a lot more than normal and is a bit lethargic at times, and in the evening gets a fever, but she is not resigned to the couch all day. I am glad she feels decent a good portion of the day, that helps! I was all set to watch Deal or No Deal tonight and help Libbi stuff candy in her eggs for the Easter Egg Hunt at school, but I missed ALL of that while I was with my sweet girl at the doctor.

So, our great day! When Libbi left with Daddy to go to daycare, Abbi crawled in bed with me and we both slept until 10 am! We decided it was too late to eat breakfast, so we instead just waited for lunch. She watched tv and I took a shower. We decided for lunch we were going to make pizza, the kind where you make the crust yourself, etc. Well, it looked better than it tasted, the crust could have been crunchier, but to achieve that would have meant burnt cheese. Abbi didn't really like the pizza, but she also has not been too hungry lately (now we know why). I ate some, but it wasn't the greatest, though I did not want to waste a perfectly edible meal when money is tight.

After lunch, we headed upstairs to Libbi's room to hang the flowers on her wall. Now, what I am going to explain is nothing new, I did this to Abbi's room at our old house. I saw it on an episode of Trading Spaces, though they did the entire wall covered in flowers and in a bathroom. I opted just to do the corner where the ceiling and walls meet, and only every 7 inches. I have a mixture of flower colors, sizes and types (deep pink roses, sunflowers, zinnias, etc). I lined up the "order" of flowers on the bed for my trusty assistant (Abbi) and I took to the step ladder with a staple gun in hand. My lovely assistant handed me the flowers (they are the blooms only of silk flowers...I popped them off the stems) and I stapled them. About two hours later, WAHLAH....we had achieved the look and by then it was near 80 degrees outside and we decided to go play for the rest of the day. I trimmed back my crape Myrtle trees and looked at my roses, which are going NUTS by the way! I have some day lilly's to plant, but it says to wait until after last freeze, and is marked March/April for our zone. I'll play it safe and wait until April. I also saw that my clematis vines by the mailbox have started coming back. I worked with those a bit and got them tied up and wrapped around the mailbox.....I make it seem like they are a huge thing, but really they are still babies and the longest vine barely wraps around the whole mailbox post lol. It will grow better, it was a little twig last year lol. I sat with my neighbor for a few hours while we watched the kids play and play. Dave and Libbi got home and joined us before we had to head home to grill out for dinner. Then Abbi felt poorly and you know what happened with that.

Yes, you heard me right, it got to 80 degrees today, and a little more than a week ago we got 8 inches of snow. GO FIGURE, welcome to Memphis!

Tomorrow, we (neighbor and I) are taking the kids all to see Horton Hears A Who. It is supposed to rain all day the next two days. Libbi is still at daycare since we have to pay anyways for her to go. Plus, getting her too much off of her daily routine really messes her up. I'll pick her up after lunch/nap. I've already ordered the tickets online.

It is amazing being a Mom this week! I am enjoying cooking (we have only eaten out once in over a week). I have been accomplishing things here at home that I have wanted and needed to get done, and I am relaxing and enjoying my children. Tomorrow night, Dave and I are going to an engagement party for one of my co-workers. It was so sweet of her to invite us!

We are supposed to get lots of rain the next few days, but then it should be really nice by the end of the week. PLEASE, no storms, my girls need sleep.

Oh yeah, we got a new beta fish tonight. He is a really pretty sea green/blue, and we named him Francis, in honor of our church :) I tried naming it Mozart or Holst or some musical name, but Abbi vetoed ALL of my choices and since she felt so poorly, I gave in. Church popped into my head when I was trying to think of names and Francis seemed cool. She wanted to name it a girl name, but it is a male fish. She liked Francis too and said she would easily remember that name so that he is now. It's nice to have a fish again.

:)

No comments: