I sang/played at my church this evening and last night. Tonight was the traditional reading of the Passion story. I wasn't going to stand, because I am not supposed to be in one place, on my feet for a long time, it is VERY bad for my leg after my bout with the blood clots/pulmonary embolism. Well, I was feeling really good and I thought I could do it. I mean, if these 90 year old people can, then why can't I? Now I know why...they have not had the issues I had that almost took my life. No wonder I was put on restriction. OK, so you won't see me disobey that one anymore. My lower leg is swollen and it actually hurt a little too (feels like a pulled muscle, but it is actually the veins too full of blood). It is starting to feel better, but rest assured I will keep an eye on it.
It was nice to be back at my own church, but I am so much more drawn to "the other one". The music is just so much more exciting and powerful and I love playing flute. I have decided that I will not go do the traditional Easter Vigil at my church tomorrow because I need to be with my family, rest my leg and besides I have to be at Bellevue at 7:45 am Sunday to play two services there.
Dave was off work today so we were both home with the girls. He decided to re-caulk Abbi's window in her room, and tomorrow we will start to paint. The girls are having a slumber party in Libbi's room. In the morning, there is an Easter Egg Hunt in town here that we'll take the girls to. Should be fun (and NO rain like at church last week). Sunday, Dave's cousin that moved here recently will be coming to dinner, along with our neighbors. I'll be heating up a huge spiral baked ham and all the trimmings. I usually do this early afternoon, but I decided to move it to more dinner time so we were not rushing around with me playing at church, etc.
The girls are NOT going to sleep very well tonight, Dave keeps fussing at them. He's been in a sour mood with them all day. They've not even been too bad, wonder what is up with him. I was helping him do Abbi's room, but he got after me and I left the room. No, we did not ignore each other the rest of the day, but I did walk eggshells and then I sent him to Home Depot and the grocery to get him away from the house and perhaps de-stress. I think he may have been tired. He did come back with a better attitude. I think the girls are just excited with Easter. They did get to play outside a lot today, it was almost 75 degrees and so pretty!
Off to a hot bath for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment