I came home from school and had a great evening with my family! Dave grilled out burgers for dinner. We took a nice, long walk (2-3 miles) and then spent a bit of time outside talking to a neighbor while the girls played. Once we came in, I got the girls in the shower and sat on my bed (I NEVER do that on a school night, usually only touch my bed to get in it to sleep!). I got to watching FLICKA, a movie that was on. Now, all who know me know I am a horse girl and if given the chance to watch a horse movie, I AM THERE!
So, the girls finished their shower and came out to watch some of it with me...they sat there intrigued lol. After a bit, I had to get them on to bed, but it was nice just us gals hanging out and both girls behaving great!
I cried big time, that poor horse and girl, BUT it had a happy ending whew! I wore mascara today and have a feeling it is on my cheeks now. Felt good to cry though. I didn't dare let Dave see me, he just laughs at me (not in a mean way).
My poor Libbi must not have gotten a nap today, she just had a tough evening. Lots of trouble following directions. Unlike Abbi, who takes her punishments and learns from her mistakes, Libbi does not do nearly as well. I am trying some new things in hopes to avoid the meltdowns. It's not so much tantrums, which I imagine would be far worse.
Well, a storm is heading here. YAY, not a horrible one, but a storm. I probably should try to get to sleep, it may storm on and off all night.
No comments:
Post a Comment