Saturday, March 8, 2008

No More Snow

Yes, just 24 hours after the big white storm, it has all melted and is gone. It got a lot warmer today than they predicted (said 33 but it got up to 45 here according to our weather station mounted outside). Abbi made a little snowman, ok more of a snow blob, but she was so proud of it. I've done a few loads of "snow laundry" today too.

Back to normal now.

After Libbi's nap, we loaded up the van and headed to the mall to use the girls' gift cards to Disney and Build A Bear. We were in and out of that mall in just an hour and made no detours to any other stores, I was proud of myself! Libbi made a really pretty bunny, and Abbi made a Husky dog. They are both so content! We then ran to the grocery to stock up for the week. This now makes it four nights we have cooked and stayed at home. Dave made his WEST INDIE PATTIES for us They are dough pouches with this wonderfully seasoned beef mixture in them, you fry them. They are actually an appetizer that Bahama Breeze serves and he found the recipe and recreated them, he is good at doing that! They are yummy and he is going to try other things inside of them, we know there's so many possibilities!

Our youngest also decided that she was going to be "food brave" this evening! That was a shocker as she usually refuses to try new things. At dinner, she tried lettuce (kind of liked it), carrots (liked it), craisens (loved them, couldn't get enough) and something else I can't remember. I about fell out of my chair when she asked to try those things since she never does that.

We're all tired here. I did get a nice nap this afternoon, but with the time change tonight, I envision it being an early night, perhaps some snuggle time with Dave. The girls are already in ed. We have to be up at church tomorrow at 7 am for coffee and doughnuts. I'll leave at 8:15 for orchestra. This means we need to roll out of bed around 6 am. I surely envision a nap for tomorrow afternoon as well!

It is so nice being home as a family. The past few days and evenings reminded me how much I miss it. I love teaching band, playing my flute and such, but I also love my family. I will continue researching my options for the coming years to see how I can be hme with them a little more. But for now, I will celebrate being able to spend so much time with them!

A week more of school for us then we have spring break! Dave's sisters are coming down for Easter, it will be nice to see them.

Well, a nice VERY hot bath is calling my name loudly. I imagine it'll be a few days before I update here as with the snow gone and past, not much else exciting going on. I now am ready for warmer spring temps, blooming trees and flowers (even though they bring sneezes and pollen). I am ready for being able to work outside in my flower beds, ready for the girls to be able to play outside in the fresh air, ready to take long walks with my family around the lakes here.

Bathtub, me....SOON!

No comments: