Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Concert down, contest left to do

The band had their concert tonight. It went pretty well, though it was obvious that they were nervous in the Suite. They tended to rush on some tempos and I could not get them back down because some were not watching me at all. But, they did sound good and did a nice job despite.

Not a single administrator was there, apparently it was left off the main schedule. I've given my schedule repeatedly with all the dates....end of story. I do not want this to turn into a gripe session. :)

The weather was so pretty today...up near 70 degrees. I had trouble getting the students to come inside to warm-up before we went to the auditorium. DO I much blame them?

So, one more practice day before contest and then contest Thursday. If I have to guess, they will get a "2" rating. I think they have what it takes to get a "1",but several will not apply themselves or do the things I teach them to do to make it right. I do not know how to make them do it, I am at my wits end. I admit defeat in this area.

Well, I don't have a lot to say tonight, that's unusual. I actually do, but most of it just needs to stay to myself. 3 more days until spring break...WHEW! I need the break! I ahve no real plans except a few meetings and a spa trip.

No comments: