In just under two months, this school year will be over. I think I will be the one most happy to see it come to an end. A chapter in my life will be ending with the end of this school year. I honestly am not cut out for this position, sure, I'd love another year or two to try and finish the transition, but with each passing day that sinks further down on my list of what I WANT to do with my life. I've never had a job make me both so happy and so unhappy. I cannot continue to work with a handful of individuals that are making my life basically miserable and count for nothing. I refuse to go into the details, but suffice to say the outcome is not entirely by my choice.
This isn't for me anymore, and it hurts me deeply having come to that full realization. Have I let other people help push me into not believing in myself anymore? YES, by all means. Will they force me to completely throw out all the good times, the trophies, the good memories? NO!
I am at a loss right now. I've never wanted out of something so badly in my life, but I have bills to pay and for the most part I adore my students and we are having a great time learning music for our spring concert (THEME...music from a darkened theater, mostly movie music dark in nature, song titles another day now that I've sparked your interest!). I have to make it for a little longer. I've made it from that day of realization in September, I think I can go a little longer. May 23rd cannot come fast enough in my opinion!
OK, enough of a downer. I need sleep.
Dave is sick with a bad cold...he only worked half day yesterday and stayed home today. I took the girls out to dinner just to get them out of the house.
No comments:
Post a Comment