Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Another good day!

Well, the storms never got really bad, but a few rumbles of thunder brought my children downstairs last night. They slept on the floor in my room. It rained so hard for so long though. It was still raining this morning and pretty much all day. Yes, we were stuck inside all day. The temperature also fell about 20 degrees since midnight, so my house got very chilly. It is now about 35 degrees, brrrr. Thankfully, the sun will be back tomorrow and it will be in the mid 60s YAY!

Abbi was into watching the movie Annie, and I was here online doing some work for school. She came in and got some paper from me, then for the next hour, she proceeded to bring me notes. They all said she loved me, and there was a belated St. Patrick's Day card. The girl was all over me, all smiles and hugging me and loving me. It brought me to tears. She made me a paper airplane that had love notes inside it. I told her that when she got older she wasn't allowed to stop loving me or get mean to me lol. She said NEVER. I also told her how lucky she was to get all this time with me, that I was going to have to find a way to get Libbi and me time alone haha.

I just know I am so blessed to have such a great daughter, and I know I will need to be reminded of that when she is being less than desirable or when she is a teenager. That's the purpose of this blog :) I got out Dave's and my wedding album today and showed Abbi. She got a kick out of it. I was trying to find the photo album my mom made for me that chronicled my life, but couldn't. I know Dave has it here somewhere. When my mother was diagnosed with lung cancer, she had to tie up all the loose ends in her life. She wanted to leave one lasting legacy to all of her children individually, made by her out of love. Plus she had boxes and boxes of pictures. So, for each of us, she made a photo album. She wrote a tear jerker opening about her plight with cancer and how she loved us, etc. It makes me cry to see it. Fast forward to today (I don't want to cry lol). Abbi was sitting on my lap with her legs stretched out to the other computer chair. The girl has knobby knees and bony ankles, and they are the splitting image of me when I was her age. I am told she is a mini me lol. I wanted to show her that album because Mom put pictures in it from when I was Abbi's age with the knobby knees and all. I'll have to see where that album made it, but the wedding album was cool for Abbi.

This summer, I will have both girls home with me. Don't quote me in July, but I am beginning to look forward to it. The money it will save us will be very helpful. It's hard to believe Libbi will start kindergarten this fall.....YIKES!

So, I made dinner at home again tonight, tacos. The girls are really getting into eating these, for the longest time I had to always make them something different, but not now. I need to check the dinner schedule and see what the plan is for tomorrow. I play at my church the next two evenings.

I am rambling, so time to end this for tonight.

No comments: