Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Oh so tired, but good :)

Well, in just about 13 hours from now, contest will be over. I had a great heart to heart chat with the kids today then a WONDERFUL rehearsal with them. I must say that I was very proud of them.

The weather today was perfect in every sense too, except that I didn't get to enjoy it. Nice and sunny and 75 degrees with a gentle breeze. AHHH, if only it will be like this next week when I am home the entire week for spring break. Wanna take bets that it SNOWS?

On my drive home, I noticed that the trees are starting to bud and bloom, and my rose bushes are sprouting all sorts of new leaves. Daffodils are out all over the place. I noticed the usually dull and dreary bare trees lining the highway are getting "furry looking" hehe! Spring is definitely on it's way in and pretty soon there will be SHADE again! It is tough to believe there is only two more months of school. It just goes by so quickly!

So, in the past 2.5 weeks I am down 5 pounds. I still need to try harder, but with warmer weather here, that should be easier. The work stress isn't helping, nor am I being successful at just persevering through it all and sticking to NOT eating certain things.

My Libbi has FINALLY memorized her birthday and home address...whoo hoo! It took her several weeks to master, but by gosh she's got it! We asked her at the dinner table and she spouted it off like it was no big deal, Dave and I about spit our food out in shock, we were so happy! She will "graduate" from pre-school on April 25, a bit early because her teacher is moving and wanted to be there for the kids. I am actually relieved because the ballet recital in May and then band concerts I have to conduct kind of take up time. I was so worried her graduation would be on a day I already had committed to do something, but I am ok WHEW.

Abbi has a bit of a cough that is trying to bring her down, but she's managing.

I am loving the time change because it is light a lot later and the girls can play outside. Plus with the warmer temps, it has been nice.

:)

No comments: