Back to work, I am so tired. While I am happy to be back and all, I got so used to sleeping in, not having an agenda to follow, and so on. My general music classes are finishing up the Music History unit and gearing up fro a huge test next Monday, the Jazz band is busy working on new music for the May concert (Proud Mary we worked on in the fall, but put it away and didn't perform it, but we will now, Stormy Weather, which we will do with a singer, and then I am ordering some new music too), the regular band is learning new music for their May concert (Les Miserables, Star Wars so far), and then teaching the percussion class the new music as well. WHEW, I am a busy gal! I have managed to stay on top of grades though and have them up-to-date by the end of each day. Before, I was running about a week behind, my goal is to not get behind. I am busy getting the banquet all planned and awards ordered (it's May 3) and so forth. I am working extremely hard to keep everything within my work day so that I can enjoy my evenings with my family. Last night, I sat with Abbi and helped her do her homework and then tonight we went on a family walk (need to do more of that). I have cooked dinner at home every night for almost two weeks! I am finding better ways to manage my time and my family and it's working!
I did manage to get approval to miss work for me to help Dave at the Memphis in May BBQ fest contest mid May...whoo hoo! His cook team is a patio team this year, and will not be doing a whole hog. They will do ribs and sauces and some other things. Hopefully next year I can enter some things on my own! Dave will have to miss the girl's dance recital for the judging.
A work funny....we had a faculty meeting this afternoon and did a professional development session on quality teaching. One aspect was having every teacher take a survey to see what type of learner they were...auditory, visual or kinetic (?). Well, I was split evenly between all three!!! Most people around me were clearly one or the other. The principal running the session said those who were evenly split were "schizophrenic teachers"...that's funny! He also said that band directors should be in that category since our jobs are so multifaceted and require us to be so many different types of things, so that made me feel a bit better about it!
Well, I wish I was still on break, but I'm not and need sleep. 2 more months then I am off for a few months!
No comments:
Post a Comment