I am taking a break on painting Abbi's room. It is "Piglet Pink". I've done all the trim and corners that I can reach, Dave is getting the higher up stuff. He told me to take a break and when he is done with his portion of the trim, then we'll both roll the walls.
Can you believe it? We're actually going to finish this painting today. I don't even know how many months we have had this paint. We know we want the dining room painted a deep red, but we do not have the paint for that yet and it is the last room on our list of rooms to paint. I am thinking of getting rolls of tulle to drape as a border for her room, I need to wait and see what it looks like with the paint and then see if my vision will work out or not.
WHEW, nice to sit in a soft chair, the floor is sort of hard.
Took the girls to the Easter Egg hunt in town this morning and they had a great time. Again, lots of kids, lots of eggs, but in seconds it is all over. The weather was really pretty and we got a great picture of the girls with the Easter Bunny (perhaps this one will make it online, Dave does not seem to get pictures online in a timely manner so I just can't update the photos. Maybe soon.).
The girls are both napping, Libbi in her room and Abbi down on the couch. They woke at 7 am ready to play and just would not be quiet. Dave finally shut the door to our room when he got up and they still kept me awake. It's all right though. They wore their pink dresses and cowboy boots for the egg hunt this morning, they were so darn cute. They got to experience their first train right up close as one went flying by. Usually they are in the car or in ballet or such when the trains come, but not this time. We were right by it. My pretty girls with their fingers in their ears and yelling they were so happy. The temps were near 60 and the sun was shining very brightly, a nice day!
I have to share an Abbi cute...since she was born, when she is tired or sleeping, she has one hand on her ear and the other hand thumb in her mouth. The girl never sucked her thumb, except when sleepy or asleep. I am willing to lay bets that she will do this until she is a teenager or more. I so hope so, it is adorable and is always my cue that she is beyond tired. When she was younger, she'd tug on her ear and everyone would say she has an ear infection. My next question would be, is she sucking her thumb too? If so then we knew she was getting tired and not at all getting sick. I am going to try and find Dave's camera and try to see if I can work it and get a picture of my sweet girl and her "habit".
I've got a pork roast in the crock pot. The girls have been begging for mashed potatoes all week, so they'll get their wish tonight. Dave makes this awesome gravy and he got that done. It uses Jack Daniels cooked in with beef broth and carrots, celery, onions and a variety of spices...is really yummy (though I found it stinks to high heaven when you first add the alcohol, yuck).
Well, I am going to check the laundry and then go upstairs to see how the trim is coming. AHA, Dave is downstairs so I'll get him to work the camera.....off I go.
UPDATED at 5:45 pm......WE HAVE PINK. Abbi's room is finished and we even re-arranged the furniture. We managed to find her more play room in there, which considering the girl has a queen size bed, was not an easy task. It looks really nice. She is up there playing right now with a friend Hanna and she loves it. WHEW, I can't believe we got both girls rooms painted! I also painted part of my pants and my socks too, and some spots on my hands...but that's ok. Maybe I will try to get some pictures of the rooms in the next day or so. They still need to have the decor done (curtains, pictures, shelves hung, etc), but the hard part is done YAY!
Now, off to finish dinner and make those mashed potatoes I promised the girls.
1 comment:
Hello Jennie
It was so nice to find you online tonight and catch up if only a little.. impossible to catch up on 6+ years in a matter of a few minutes!
The girls are adorable. I remember when they were born!
Please take care of yourself - Dave and the girls need you!!
I know how scary it is to "almost" lose one's life and then how precious it becomes. I went through a terrible scare a few years ago after a surgery that went "all wrong" but perhaps my family went through it more than I did as I was do out of it for weeks, while they hoped and prayed the Doctors were wrong and that I would make it... and I did!
It does change one's life... that is for sure.
So stay off that leg as you're supposed to and take care of yourself!!
HAPPY EASTER! Lynda
Post a Comment