Another awesome day with my girls. Abbi slept until 10:30 this morning (I actually woke up before her), I am sure the antibiotic is doing its job and her body is fighting off the strep infection. Once we got up, we decided to skip breakfast and waited for lunch. She then got in the bathtub and was happy to play for a long while! She missed her bath last night since we were at the doctor. We then loaded up the van and made our way towards daycare to spring Libbi free from the place for the afternoon. We went to see Horton Hears a Who with our neighbors. She was so excited! The girls did GREAT at the movie and it was a great time with BOTH of them. They loved it. Once we got home, I decided it was high time I folded several loads of laundry. It is all out on the bed right now, I guess soon I will need to put it in baskets to go upstairs to the girls' rooms. I am notorious for getting laundry clean, just not folding it. But at least it doesn't lay in piles on the floor...it is in baskets lol. I then ran the vacuum and swept the tiled floors and did some other straightening. Guess I hit a cleaning mode big time.
I found out this afternoon that Dave's sisters are not coming for Easter weekend. With high gas prices and lots of work, they had to stay home. I will sure miss them visiting, and the girls will too. They are going to try and come in May, so that will be nice. We told the girls this evening, and explained things well enough that kept them from crying or being upset. These girls simply ADORE their aunts. I was so proud of how well they took it.
Dave and I had the honor of being invited to attend a co-worker's engagement dinner this evening. It was at an Asian/Chinese restaurant and was quite good (considering we are not seafood/shellfish people). It was wonderful to meet Lori's parents (she's the choir teacher at school). We had a very good time then went to finish the "Easter Bunny Shopping". We had fun :)
We have been waiting ALL day for the storms to get here, supposed to get 2-4 inches of the wet stuff. I think they are about to cross the Mississippi River, but they are very slow moving. I bet it storms a lot overnight and the girls will again end up on the floor of my room, or even in bed with me. It got to 75 today, despite the clouds. I opened up the windows in the house and aired it out.
Once again, I had a great day with my girls. I am sure tomorrow will be just as great. I do have orchestra practice tomorrow night. If the paint taping Gods are with me, I think I will have that as my goal for tomorrow for Abbi's room.
Completely switching topics, the new fish Francis is really cool. He seems to be a playful little thing. This afternoon, he was swimming up to the top of his tank, then diving down through the plant and then back up to the top in a circular motion...he did this over and over and seemed to get a kick out of it. If you touch the side of the tank, he will come inspect and then follow your finger around. He doesn't fluff up either (in other words he is not mad lol) and seems to be quite the curious little creature. Who knew a beta fish could be so cool???? He sure is beautiful. I did try the mirror trick to see if he'd get all mad, but he just came over and looked at the mirror and it was as if he was admiring himself. He turned a bit to the side and pointed his nose at the mirror and really looked like he thought he was some cool looking dude! OK, OK, perhaps you are now thinking that I have too much free time this week.
I am sitting here watching Deal or No Deal, LOVE this show. They had 13 million dollar cases. They are down to the last few cases. Nope, they took a deal (good thing). Now I can go clear the bed off and get some sleep just to wake up in a bit due to storms.
No comments:
Post a Comment