Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Swollen Hand

As you see my hands above....the left (as you see it on the right with the rings) is my good hand on my good arm. The left is the hand in which I had the shots in the arm yesterday. I looked at my hands when I got home from work and the one hand looked like sausages about to burst! Take a close look at those swollen things and the stretched knuckle skin....isn't that something?

I did work today, BAD MOVE. I still cannot use the arm at all and even the slightest movement will cause pain to go shooting through the whole arm. I managed to make it the whole day and definitely went ahead and took tomorrow off.

I have to say the elbow and arm does feel a little better. I know I am not in tears from pain. I also know this is temporary and I should be getting better soon. I skipped rehearsal tonight, I couldn't even carry my flute in that hand to be sure, let alone put it together and try to hold and play it. Last time I could just barely manage to play it the same day I got the shots, but no way this time. I am not even sure if I will be ready to play the services Sunday.

Every so often I do get a surge of heaviness and dull pain that just wells up from nowhere. I am about to take more pain meds, since I doubled up yesterday I felt I needed to wait and just take one before bed today (I am only supposed to take 1 pill per 24 hours and took 2 yesterday). I did manage to sleep some last night which was good. It is not too fun because it is the arm I prefer to lay on while I sleep. Soon enough though I should be back to being able to.

SO...enjoy the swollen fingers and hopefully tomorrow I have less swelling and prettier hands back.

No comments: