Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Much better evening

I am very happy to report that my pain medicine has finally kicked in. I had a few very rough hours late this afternoon and took a second pain pill. I couldn't find a comfortable position in which I would not hurt, I was just not doing well. But within an hour of that pill, I felt a LOT better. Which was good because Dave had a meeting at church and I was going to be home alone with the girls. He got dinner in the oven for the girls and I before he left...well actually he supervised Abbi taking care of things. The girls were such helpers tonight.

The elbow looks like it has been through a war of sorts. It is already bruising and very swollen...no doubt all the cortisone still swirling around. My entire arm was in pain and felt like it was full of pressure. My pain meds include an anti-inflammatory too so that apparently kicked in some too because now my fingers no longer hurt. The meds have taken the edge off the pain and that is such a VERY good thing! I was beginning to worry about going to work tomorrow with all the pain, but now I think I will be fine. I will definitely need help getting dressed and will be so protective of anyone or anything touching it tomorrow. Plus I will take the meds in the morning too so I can make it through the day working. No idea how I will wash my hair and make it look decent for work, but I will figure it out. Right now I have a few pillows propped under the arm and except for a bit of pressure it feels so much better!

My Dad called tonight...my Aunt Lola died this morning. She was in her 90's and led such a full life! I could not do anything but smile, because we all deserve to live like my aunt did and have so many wonderful years surrounded by so much love! The funeral will be Saturday morning in Toledo, but clearly my family will not be able to make the trip. It is an 11 plus hour drive.

I can just envision her up in heaven with her husband, brother (my grandpa), and my Mom....what a happy reunion there must be going on right now! God is indeed good.

I did watch the inauguration today, I saw the oath, and watched much of the other ceremonies and then a bit of the parade. Really interesting! I don't recall getting to watch it all before so this was nice. Well, not really nice since I was in fairly bad pain. The First Lady looked so elegant and it was neat to see her children being children and enjoying the different parts of the day. I will be anxious to see some of the ball gowns she wears tonight. The President was funny too as he tried to figure out what to do during certain not so staged parts of the day. It is refreshing to see him as a regular person with a regular family!

:)

No comments: