Friday, January 9, 2009

long time no type

Yep, going back to work has been nice, but it has been busy and though I have been home most evenings, I have been busy getting things re-organized and straightened up. I am hopeful that by the end of the weekend all the Christmas things will be put away. I am still not real sure I like the way this sectional couch looks in the living room this way turned this way, we will have to see. The only thing planned for the weekend is Girl Scouts tomorrow for Abbi and church Sunday. It is nice to have a calmer home life for a bit. The girls have been back to dance class this week, but that is about it. They are finding out their recital songs/costumes and that has been fun. Here is what we know so far.....Abbi is dancing to It's a Hard Knock Life from the movie ANNIE and her costume is a raggedy anne looking dress/hat in whites and blues. The Grand Ballet is about fish and her class is the rainbow fish. Libbi will be doing tap to CUDDLE UP and wear a cute pink/silver/black tutu and for the ballet her class is blue fish. I am not sure the song for Libbi for gymnastics, but her costume is a pink and white oversized pantsuit (hard to explain but her teacher called it a babydoll outfit).

It has been a bit of a transition for the girls to go back to school. Actually for them to be together since they spent a week apart. But we are all back in the swing of things and all working to get everything back to normal here.

Work for me is great! I had my final unannounced (surprise, principal just drops in on a random class) evaluation Tuesday. I felt it went pretty well. After my woes of the evaluation last year at my old school and how I was treated concerning it, I just was too afraid to feel I had done well even though I felt it went well. The principal met me after school yesterday to give me all my final results, and I did AWESOME! The highest marks you can get are C's (A is the worst, B is average, C is top). I got 12 C's and only 2 B's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH MY GOSH, there is not much better that you can do than that. The two areas I got B's in are not concerns to her and mainly due to my transition from high school to elementary school so it will only improve. I spoke with my mentor teacher (teachers in first year are required to have one...even though I worked at that school with this teacher when I was there last hehehe), and she said while this principal does give nice marks for reviews, she rarely gives as good of marks as what she gave me. Well, apparently I earned them lol. WOW, I feel great and I am so pleased and happy.

Now, 2 more years of great evaluations like this and I will have tenure there. That is a nice feeling! I am trying to find a way to afford to go to the TENNESSEE ARTS ACADEMY for teachers this summer...it is a week long conference in Nashville for music, art, etc teachers and you get several credit hours as well as invaluable information! It costs a few hundred dollars, so I am trying to find a way to afford to go. This would fulfill one of the areas I was given a lower mark in, because the principal knows most of my professional development is in band and I could use regular music ones. This academy is amazing and you can only ever go one time as they want to give more people the chance to attend. I will see what I can do or find a way.

I have been sleeping great now that I am home. Though I could use more. I am back on my diet. I refuse to comment further tonight on this as it just angers me so I need to be determined again.

My Dad finally gets to come home from the rehab place for good tomorrow. He is doing really well and ready to be released. My sister is flying in to stay with him for a week and help. He can do almost everything, but he is not released to drive yet and I am sure after not being home for 5 weeks the help will be good. He did great this week with the physical therapy and such, and is eating normal and now that he has his energy back he is watching what he eats. He knows when he sees the doc Jan 15 they will go over all the dietary changes, and he is open to them. He has already joined a gym and will work out there. I do not know much more about Irene, but it just does not seem like it is a good situation right now. He has gone to visit her a few times this past week.

Well, I am going to get me a hot bath and RELAX. I deserve it. I will have my alarm set for 9 am, so I hope to get me some nice sleeping in time. I hope to get some walks in this weekend.

That's it for now.....

No comments: