I did wake at 7:30 am to a completely quiet house and got up to get ready to go play flute with the orchestra for both morning services. I slept well, except for waking up every few hours when I would be on my bad elbow and it would hurt so I would move.
Playing went well at church! I am hopeful the doctor will not tell me to take a break a from playing, I NEED to play. But if he says not to then I won't. Playing does aggravate it because of the way it pulls on the tendon on the affected arm while I play. I do my best to ignore the pain.
I came home and made lunch for the troops and then cleaned the kitchen and straightened some things up. After that I made me a nest on the couch next to Dave and just dozed while he watched football and the girls played upstairs. It was much the lazy afternoon here! Such a rare treat that I actually allow myself since on downtime at home I tend to find things to clean or projects to do. My family isn't exactly the neatest so I feel I am always cleaning things over and over that I had nothing to do with. Dave will make sandwiches on a freshly cleaned stove top without a plate or napkin, then leave it like that. I am not complaining, I know this is the way he is and I have learned to just accept it and I gave up harping on it long ago. It is just who he is, he has so many other wonderful traits I can ignore this annoying one.
I made up a menu for the week and a grocery list. Dave was happy to escape for a bit to the store, and he wasn't hungry for dinner, so I stayed behind with the girls to make dinner. We had baked potatoes Skyline style!!! Potato, chili and cheese.....yum. Libbi did without the chili, but Abbi drowned her potato in it lol. They helped me clean dishes and then Dave got home and I put groceries away. Isn't it odd the routines we just sort of fall into? I ALWAYS put the groceries away, if I am home of course. Dave will bring them in. The girls sometimes help with either task, but tonight they were busy getting ready for a treat...a bath in Mommy's tub!
My girls were sure dirty, so a good long wash and soak was what they needed. And since there is no school tomorrow they were not on any time constraint. Dave forgot they didn't have school (he has to work, poor guy) and at one point was trying to hurry them out before I said NOOOOO, let them be since they are off school. They had fun playing and washing and then I had them get out so I could run cleaner through my tub jets. Later it will be my turn to soak. It is almost 9 pm and they are having a snack and I do not intend on forcing them to bed too early. They have asked to have a slumber party in Abbi's room and that's fine by me.
I have some fun plans for us girls tomorrow on our day off. We'll be making homemade pizza for lunch then cookies and brownies. They are both into cooking and helping so why not make a day of it? It is supposed to be cold tomorrow so we will need to stay in. I do not plan on driving anywhere and just enjoying being home. For dinner, I am making homemade spaghetti sauce, Aunt Glenna's recipe. The laundry is mostly done, just need to fold the last few loads and get the girls to put the folded clothes up in their rooms. I will probably get a cortisone shot Tuesday morning so the arm will be out of commission for the rest of the week. Might as well get ahead while I can.
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment