Monday, January 5, 2009

Good Day and cold night

Going back to work today was not so bad. My morning classes were so subdued! But things picked up in the afternoon when those classes appeared to have woken up LOL. I was teaching ALL brand new material today out of the new series of books and it was actually somewhat hard. Note to self for future, after a long break teach something very familiar.

We had a cold, cold rain all day. I am still struggling to get warm. My cat is laying up against me, he cannot get any closer lol. He is so warm, and he probably thinks I am so warm.

After school I ran to Walmart to get several things we needed then came home and made dinner for the girls and I. Dave had a Knight's meeting that he is still at. I helped the girls with homework, got them ready for bed and they went to bed without a hitch.

I found a new show tonight, some dance show where they have solo, group and duets and countries go against each other. I like it, especially the Indian group, the Irish dancers, the Russian group and a few others. When the Russian were dancing, it was a group of men all dressed in traditional costume doing traditional Russian dance. My girls were still up and were dancing along with them, and not doing too badly. Much to my relief Libbi did not opt to even try the back flip one of the men did lol. I like this show, I am not used to watching tv.

My Dad is doing very well. I talked to him this evening and he is making lots of progress still. He is eating and he even had 2+ hours of physical therapy today. He is going to wear them out hahahaa! We don't know much more on Irene but Dad said he just wants her to be able to join him at home if at all possible. Her family is making decisions though based on the doctors reports. They are still doing tests apparently... we all should know more soon. My sister will be staying with him for a week, he should be released Saturday and he felt better having someone there so he asked her if she could.

I never did get that bath I craved last night. I went to bed instead. So, this show is over in 6 minutes and I am going to go soak and relax.

UPDATE:

Got that bath and feel great! Dave got home with some great news....we were named the Family of the Month for the Knight's for December. We'll find out this spring if we were named Family of the Year!

He was watching the OSU/Texas game and apparently Texas scored at the end and it was what led them to win the game...Dave made all sorts of noise and it woke the girls up....grrrr! They went right back to sleep, but I must label my husand a DORK for the way he sounded. Really now, was that necessary???

No comments: