Thursday, January 29, 2009

Back to school today

Dragging my feet, I went back to school today. My brain tried to tell me it was Friday. I have no idea why it felt like Friday, it should have felt like Monday. Kids were fairly good. I lucked out and during my kindergarten class I had to take them down to the gym to see an assembly for a fundraiser starting. It was sort of fun, but I would have rather had the kids in my room doing my Chinese New Year lesson with them. I had a plan period the last hour of the day so I caught up on typing up my lesson plans for Nov and Dec. I had scribbled the plans in a notebook and just had not yet typed them up for my official LESSON/GRADE book. I had 8 weeks to do and got 7 done...YAY ME! I also got my grades entered for all my classes, interims go out next week. I have more plan periods tomorrow and the goal is to select music for my spring choir concert. We have been trying a variety of things but not a lot have hit me as being just right.

The girls both had real good days at school. I spent 30 minute with Libbi after dinner going over her reading words with her. Not an altogether fun task with her as she tends to give up too quickly in my opinion, but we made progress and had some fun doing it. She is very smart but wow does she get distracted very easily and that then makes her forget what she was doing in the first place.

We had a fun dinner.....BREAKFAST! Dave made the bacon, I made a new recipe of eggs, and then wheat biscuits. Was good! The girls ate waffles, I let both girls run the toaster to do those They just love the breakfast thing for dinner.

With THAT being said, I will be in a contest again at work. My school is doing a Biggest Loser, and I will do it. The last time I did it with the school two years ago I had great success! Now, if only I could afford the monthly fee to join WW online I would really feel grounded to have great success again. Since I had to give that WW up I have NOT had success. BOO for me. Anyways, it starts next week so I will get to work and maybe find a way to get that monthly fee of roughly 15-20 bucks paid.

Sadly, the snow is completely melted. It was still there when I got to school, but then when school was over it was gone. Got to 39 degrees today. The sun peeked out for a brief little bit around 4 pm. Hadn't seen it all week so that was a treat. The weather is calling for ice and snow again Sunday night.

I will say yet again how pleased I am with how we moved the furniture in here. Feels much better. The girls this evening said LOOK MOMMY, MORE ROOM FOR US TO RUN AROUND IN...oh geeze!

I think I am going to go get in the tub and soak for a bit. Dave is watching a movie I have seen many times (because as usual, he will watch a movie hundreds of times and never tire of it) Breakfast Club. Since I have no desire to see it, I set to work on my blog here and that bath sounds nice too. That way he can watch his movie without me getting on his nerves, plus I won't be bored to tears. I have a magazine and a brand new book, so I can go soak and read and relax.

No comments: