Thursday, January 1, 2009

She snores

Abbi is sleeping on the floor at the foot of the bed I am in and she is SNORING!  I finally gave her permission to sleep downstairs after she kept trying to rule the bed we shared last night.  She tried that, got situated and when I went to switch some laundry over before going to bed myself at midnight, she was wide awake still.  I asked her to turn the light off and she did, only to follow me upstairs and say she wanted to sleep with me.  Um, no.  I need sleep.  I suggested she sleep on the floor and she happily agreed.  I went to the bathroom, and returned not two minutes later to find her asleep and snoring.  My child has stolen a trait my dear husband exhibits.  Usually she sleeps very peaceful and calm like me, but not tonight. And because it is my daughter, I am having trouble falling asleep.  Course I have had trouble all week sleeping here.

I think I forgot to share a funny for the day.....well, yesterday.  We got to the hospital and Dad was so perky and upbeat.  He was joking around that he was getting so scruffy with a beard and moustache and how he never has them.  I know he tells the truth as in my entire 37 years he never has.  The man shaves every day and stays on top of his haircuts.  So, he now has both and the hair on his head is starting to curl around his ears and also fluff out on his neck under the regular hair.  We were having a good laugh about it when he asked me to take a picture.  LOL...so I did and he looked and laughed and asked me to email it to him.  Abbi jumped up there next to SCRUFF BEASON and I got a picture of them together too.

Today he laughed a lot.  I know how grateful he is to have us here.  When he was finally released from the hospital he was reluctant to leave because the food had been quite good there.  

And she STILL snores, but I need to try and get sleep.


No comments: