Saturday, January 24, 2009

A BREAKTHROUGH.....

I can now use my right hand to eat! Of course it is a lot slower than using my left hand, but the fact that I can now use it again at all is great! Ok, so I can't yet put my hair into a neat ponytail. It will come. It's been a lazy day here! We dropped Abbi off last night at a girl scout pajama sleepover at a church in Bartlett, then took Libbi out for dinner to a Chinese buffet. She was so tired. When we got home, she went right to bed....so much for a special evening with her lol. She was up at 6:30 this morning though, even with not getting to bed until 10. She came in and got in bed with me but boy was she noisy and antsy. Dave left around 8:30 am to go pick Abbi up. When he got back the girls were so happy to play together and Dave and I relaxed on the couch and watched A Few Good Men. I decided to give cooking us some lunch a try since the arm felt a little better, and got my assistant Abbi set up to help me. Bow Tie Pasta and Spaghetti Sauce...none of it from scratch lol. It was quite good and hit the spot on a cold day. We will be going up to church in a bit to work the wine tasting event and I hope I can be of some use! I typically work in the kitchen helping arrange the food on the plates that is served between the wine selections.

I will be making an attempt in the morning to play my flute with the orchestra, I think I can do it. Won't know unless I try.

After that, tomorrow is another day of no real plans. I have grown to like all this time home as a family, too bad it has been cold on the weekends. We are watching Titanic right now. Every time we watch, we hope for a different ending lol, but the ship still sinks...as it is right now.

No comments: