It was cold today, and after a small warm-up tomorrow it will get REALLY cold. I have been shivering since I got home (welcome to Castle de brr brr). LOL, we keep it chilly here so it is our "fault" but don't think I don't let it be known I am cold haha.
Some good news today, Abbi earned some awards for the last grading period.....Perfect Attendance, Principal's Honor Roll and 2nd Place in AR testing for her class. WHOO HOO! Of course this evening as I was going through her folders for school I noticed she did not turn her homework in last week. GRRR. She said she just forgot. Thankfully, grades are not taken anymore on homework that is turned in. She will turn it in tomorrow with the homework for this week that she has already completed. I am working with her to slow down when she reads and to carefully read questions when she has to answer questions about the story. She rushes through it.
Libbi has not been getting great conduct marks lately. She has been denied toys she loves, been in time out and tonight we even tried putting her to bed 45 minutes earlier than normal (7:15 instead of 8). She sleeps until 6:15 am when Dave wakes her up for school. The girl always has trouble after time off school (like Winter Break). It is always an unpleasant transition back to school. She is so into routines and it really messes with her to be off it for more than a weekend. It is hard for her to switch between home/school. This reflects in her behavior both in and out of school. This evening she was actually very good, but often it is a fight just for getting basic things done. She gets so whiny and last night almost fell asleep in her time out chair at 6 pm. Her schoolwork is improving GREATLY though. She is reading a lot more and working VERY hard at sounding out words on her own. She does tend to get a little frustrated too quickly, but it is getting better. Her handwriting has improved drastically! I can read her work now and it is a lot neater. Tonight she and Daddy had to make a snowman with 3 paper plates. LOL, I let them do most of it and only rescued them to make the scarf and the hat. Now, if the things stays intact between home, the bus and school tomorrow it may be a small miracle!
Dave and I watched the Biggest Loser tonight and I tell you, I cried so much. It is just week 2 and the way these people helped each other in the immunity challenge was just touching. The kid in last place for the kayak then mountain climb was so far behind. Several of the contestants who had already finished walked back down to help the kid climb...with encouraging words and even pushing him from behind to help his momentum. The gal that won gave her free phone call to another man so he could call his wife. One guy that won a chance to call his wife did and she has a baby due in a week! OH MAN....the waterworks released! I like this show, I hope the people stay somewhat nice to each other because last season they did not.
ANYWAYS, I just finished selecting music to go through with the choir tomorrow morning. A possible theme is MUSIC is the HEARTBEAT of life! Another possible theme is movie music. I just don't know. I will decide for sure by the end of January, so I have some time.
Well, my show is over, I need to go relax in the tub. Who am I kidding? I need to go WARM UP!
No comments:
Post a Comment