Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Lots accomplished today

Got a LOT done today. I took advantage of having the entire day with nothing to do. After lunch, I got set to work on going through all the tubs for the kids consignment clothing sale at church next week. They made the entire system online, so you have to enter each and every item one at a time and then print off the labels to tag items with. I had two big tubs of things left from last year that I went through, along with lots of new things that the girls have outgrown. I entered everything into the system, and so far have 350 items! It took me about 3.5 hours to get that in. Dave will help me print the labels and get them on the tags. We still have lots of toys to go through and I will make one last sweep through their dressers. Last year we made a lot of $ on this sale from things we sold. I have visited the sale every year since we moved here and always get great deals on things for the girls....most barely or not even worn.

I also had the girls help and we cleaned the downstairs. We swept and vacuumed and then when Dave got home we finally moved the sectional couch in the great room here. The way it was just never sat right with me and did not feel right. Now it feels much better. Not to mention there is a LOT more floor space in here.

The snow did not melt, that is so strange for here. We got about 3/4 of an inch. I have not even gone outside today. I chose to dress warm and stay inside and get a lot done. The things I did get done I now don't have to worry about this weekend, though I still have a bit to do for the sale. It is nice I am this far ahead now!

I was bummed there was no orchestra tonight, I was really looking forward to going. The arm is feeling so much better and the thought of playing me some Beethoven was exciting!

Girls enjoyed no school today. They spent most of the day helping me straighten or up in their rooms playing. For dinner it was a mish mash of whatever they wanted. Libbi wanted cereal and Abbi wanted chicken noodle soup. Dave and I ate left over pizza. I got on a roll doing the clothes that I just did not want to interrupt that with making dinner.

Do we really have to go back to school tomorrow? Apparently so, but that's ok. At least we got this one day! The girls were already ready for school, so after a bath they went right to bed. Dave and I are just sitting here watching the end of Grumpy Old Men.

No comments: