Abbi will be having surgery February 9 to remove her ear Ttubes. They will go in behind the ears and make an inch long incision, then remove a small pocket of fat. The tubes will come out then that pocket of fat will go in the hole left in the eardrum. She will have 3 disolvable stitches behind each ear. Apparently the fat/eardrum are slow healing, but she will be able to go back to school the next day. She'll have monthly ENT visits with the surgeon to check the progress of the healing.
I was hoping for closer to or during Spring Break, but he said he does not want to wait. Abbi is actually excited because the tubes in combination with the skin growing over them (the bodies was to reject them after so much time) is a little uncomfortable. This will be the first surgery she is totally aware of what is going on since she is older. I hope she does not get afraid day of surgery.
Somehow, I managed to wash my hair with just one hand. I still can't get the other to my head, BUT we are getting closer! Getting dressed was a bit of a challenge, but I ended up dressed so it worked. It felt great to get the hair washed! It got up to 62 degrees today so I did not have to wear all sorts of layers like the past few days. That did help.
The arm continues to improve. I can't do much that involves using and force or having to apply pressure with that hand or arm BUT I have more movement that is not accompanied by shooting pains. YAY! I will soon start wearing my brace again, but i cannot think of that until the pain and swelling is gone from the shots. The thought of wearing the brace right now right on the area that hurts the most makes me cringe and feel sick to my stomach, so I will just wait. It isn't like I can do much with the arm yet anyways.
At this rate I do see myself playing flute Sunday. I am happy at that prospect!!!!!
Well, I need to get a bath and try to shave these legs hehe. No way could I do it in the shower, but I think I can manage in the bath. Besides, won't hurt to be ultra clean and soak the arm yet again. That has seemed to help a lot this time.
Not yet 8 pm and the girls are asleep already and we are just being lazy and enjoying the evening.
No comments:
Post a Comment