Thursday, January 22, 2009

A little better today

I slept pretty lousy last night, so it was a good thing that I took today off. I had trouble getting comfortable and kept waking up. But now I am up and the swelling is down in the fingers on top of not as much pain. I seem to be able to move the arm a little without shooting pains today, that is a good thing! It was so hard for me not to be at orchestra last night playing my flute. When I looked in the mirror last night, it looked like there was an egg sitting right under my skin by the elbow, kinda freaky. Not sure what it looks like today yet.

In a little bit, I must conquer taking a shower and washing my hair. That should be quite interesting. I still can't life the right arm then pull the hand to my head. I tried last night, very slowly of course, just to gather my hair into a ponytail..and couldn't do it. I think the swelling was so bad I just could not bend the arm to get the hand to my head. There was not so much pain since I was moving very slow, it just would not go all the way. But even more than the shower and hair, I have to get dressed on my own. I am glad it is not so cold today so I don't need a bunch of layers. Took both girls to help me yesterday and Dave too, I have no idea how I am going to get my bra on. I have 2 hours to accomplish all this.

I have to go pick Abbi up right after school to take her to the ENT, to schedule her surgery to take those tubes out. I will get Libbi too and we'll have a nice little drive/homework time in the car. After that we will spend the evening at home. I am going back to work tomorrow and it should go far better than yesterday.

The girls have been so good and helpful. Now if I can get them to fold several baskets of clean laundry tonight that'd be even better. I can do the laundry, but I can't fold it just yet. I have no more baskets to put the clean stuff in and everything is getting backed up.

:)

No comments: