We attended our first wedding as a family today (Dave and Abbi had been to two together without Libbi and I), a former teacher I used to work with was married to her longtime boyfriend. OH HOW WONDERFUL!
The wedding was simple and elegant and she had the Ole Miss Alumni Choir sing and they were beautiful! The girls were angels, Libbi on my lap and Abbi sitting next to Daddy. Libbi only wanted one thing....for them to kiss! She is so funny! I talked her through everything they did, she was interested, but of course kept asking when they would kiss. The reception was fun as well. I caught up with a few of my former teacher friends and had a great time. The girls found a few other kids to run around with and both girls danced the night away! They wore their Christmas dresses from LAST year and looked so elegant. My girls danced and danced and were so beautiful. Libbi was anxious for the cake cutting. Funny how all she cared about was the kiss and the cake....she is so goofy!
Dave and I just sat at the table and watched our girls enjoy themselves. I was just amazed at how well they felt at ease and how good they were dancing. They had so much fun, I wouldn't let Dave talk me into leaving at all until it was over. So what if my youngest ate just bread and cake, so what that my oldest was sliding across the dance floor in her tights (and dress of course). They were such ladies and the joy they experienced brought me tenfold the joy. It makes those few "bad moments" with them seem so unimportant when we can share memories like today. DARN, I wish we would not have forgotten the camera. Oh well.
The time will come all too quickly that it will be our girls getting married and leaving us. I cannot yet imagine that, nor do I have to. It will come way too soon all on its own.
GREAT DAY!
Onto a little news.....my Dad is back to full out activities, well, that basically means no restrictions. His doctor passed him to drive again and normal things. My sister went home today, she spent the week with him as he adjusted to being back home. He sounds great and says he feels great too!
As I sit here....the girls are of course asleep and I am all alone in the great room. One of the girls has a Christmas CD in their player, I can hear it....so funny. Rudolph is paying us a January visit lol.
It was strange being with a few of the HS teachers I used to work with tonight....I really miss them, but I LOVE my new job. I miss not having that bond yet with the teachers where I am now though. Most of the elementary teachers are younger, single, and not yet settled in their lives. They are nice people, and I am sure the longer I am there I will make more bonds. I just miss Lori, Amy, Robin, etc. They were my cheerleaders through the weight loss, and I could sure use them to get my focus back. I leaned on these gals when life got difficult with the principal last year and I will forever cherish their kind words, hugs, and just the fun we had. I don;t have many good friends here. I guess that happens when you uproot and move at such a critical time in your life. We've been here 7.5 years now and I have not yet come across anyone to be that one friend I can lean on for everything. My life with the girls is busy and teaching and playing flute. Plus we live further away from the area where most of our friends live. They have families too, and it is not easy to just run all over creation just to be with people. Of course maybe there is something about me that doesn't let me have a close girlfriend, or maybe people just don't like me. I guess what I am trying to say is that I am in need of a good friend to share all my secrets in the world with, someone I won't judge or who won't judge me. People I thought would be that seem to have moved on with their lives away from me, or perhaps I pushed them away when I was busy teaching band. Yes, I am lonely. Maybe with the girls getting older I finally have time to stop and think and feel about this issue. Maybe I just stink at being a friend, so those around me simply move on to other people. I wish I knew. Ok, pity party OVER!
I will go to bed soon. Even though I slept in a bit this morning, I should take advantage of the time to rest. I have been sleeping well, but starting to wake up more overnight since the elbow is bothering me. I have to sleep with a pillow around it...that seems to keep it at a comfortable angle. I can use the arm still a bit, but laying on it full force of course hurts...and naturally that is the side I like to sleep on.
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment