Wednesday, December 31, 2008

HAPPY 2009!!!!!

WE MADE IT!  And I tell you, it was sure noisy around here!  Fireworks were shot off fairly close by and so pretty!  Abbi and I ran out to the back porch to watch and it was such a great treat!  Forget that it is so very cold, it was also so pretty!  The high, thin clouds that were lit by the moon sliver and bright stars.  There is something magical about fireworks in January!  Imagine how much more magical if the rest of my family could have been here.

Now, I have to stay awake a bit longer to switch the laundry over, but it shouldn't be but 30 minutes or so as these are small loads.

I did feel myself tearing up, but then I looked at my oldest daughter who was smiling at me and I hugged her and knew tonight would be a great memory for her because it was just the two of us.  Maybe next year Libbi and I can share the moment just the two of us...wait, that girl begs to get in bed before 8 pm these days.

I absolutely love you Abbi!  You are sitting on the couch right now with your winter coat on over your new flannel pjs holding your cheetah webkin.  May we share many, many more years together making wonderful memories.  Now, let's go upstairs to bed.  You can get to sleep and I can find something to occupy my next few minutes so you can have dry and clean jeans by morning.

No comments: