Nope, I got it all out of my system yesterday. By some odd and strange and NICE miracle, the girls woke on their own this morning at 6 am. They were happy, cooperative and just great. SO, I took advantage of that, I told them they had homework to finish. I do NOT advise a homework session at 6 am on the day it is due, but well...you know.
They completed their homework, got dressed, had breakfast and made it out the door on time to catch the bus.
WAIT, are these my kids?
They both talked a lot at school and conduct marks reflected this again today, and so their tvs were taken away for the weekend. I fully realize most kids everywhere are a bit nuts this week (I know, I teach 500 of them), but I am not going to allow this excuse.
So, Dave had to go set up at the church tonight for the breakfast with Santa that is in the morning and since I had a performance the girls were with him. Somehow, someway Libbi ended up with gum in her hair. THANK YOU JESUS that our friend Kelly was up there and she got the gum out of my youngest daughter's beautiful blond locks. OH, I shudder to think if my dear husband had been left to his own devices to deal with the "gum problem". The girl may have ended up with a slight hairlop! She used oil and got it out. THANK YOU KELLY! You literally saved my daughter's hair.
So, my instruction to my husband today was to NOT have the girls wash their hair tonight to make it easier to fix in the morning for the dances. Well, clearly Libbi had to wash her hair. That's ok, hers is one length and long so all is good.
The opening performance of the Tree was tonight and it went VERY well! The place was sold out and packed. Only 2 small issues with a soloist not following the director and us musicians having to scramble and leave a beat out here and there to catch her and then on the Silent Night a capella, the pit singers (adult choir backstage in the choir room singing in chairs with mics) got off pitch a bit. Not big deals at all. I also heard one very small speaking part line flub, but that's only because I know the lines there to be spoken haha.
The show lasted about 2 hours and 15 minutes. I was home soon after 10 pm YAY!
I have a load of black laundry going so the girls dance sweats will be all clean and some of my black concert wear will be clean for tomorrow as well. The girls have to be at the first nursing home they will dance at by 9 am, so that means leave here at 8:30 or so, and working on getting ready starting at 7:30. Looks to be much like a normal weekday morning on a Saturday, except more time to get ready hehe. After the girls dance, we'll meet up with Dave somewhere for lunch. I have to be back at church by 1 pm for our 2 performances tomorrow. The great news is that I will be HOME by 8:30 tomorrow night. Sunday is up at church pretty much from 8:30 am until 9 pm. They will feed us dinner in between the 2 performances each day so that helps.
Are you tired reading our schedule (wait, that only includes some of it)? Tomorrow after the performance I don't really get to go home, I will meet our church group for our annual Christmas party. Hm, doesn't appear I will have an early bedtime after all. Sunday is coffee and donuts at our church, though we do NOT have to pick them up this month, YIPPPPPPEEEEE!
My dad was moved to the rehab hospital and I spoke with him last night. However, he really wasn't up to talking and would not elaborate. He may have just been tired, I sure hope so. I am sure it is easy to get depressed after such a surgery and during healing. I will call him tomorrow to check on him and I hope he is feeling more like talking.
Well, my weary self needs to get in bed. I want to be able to make it through my busy weekend.
I can't WAIT to see the girls in their costumes!!!!!!
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment