Today was a crazy day, but a good one!
It started for me about 7 am when I woke up, the girls joined me in my bed shortly after. I got up, had a shower then got their hair braided and their costumes on for their dances this morning at the nursing homes. I planned to leave by 8:30, but it was more like 8:55! Do you know how hard it is to get two girls ready AND yourself? It reminded me of when they were babies and took so long to change diapers and clothes each morning. Oh so long ago! I have no idea how we made it with 5 minutes to spare before they did the first dance! I refuse to question, I am just glad we made it.
They danced great! Considering the spaces they danced in were teeny, I thought they did quite well. They were so adorable in their camo skirts!
I then met up with Dave at church as he was finishing cleaning up after working at breakfast with Santa at church all morning. I was not able to get the girls there this year, for the first time since we moved here I think.
We went out to lunch and the girls sat up at a "bar type table", a high table lol NOT an actual bar, while we sat at a booth by ourselves. They did great and it gave Dave and I a chance to catch up. I then left them to go to the 2 performances I had to do. He headed in to work with the girls to do a few things.
Performances went well. I played less than par the first one, but the second was really good! There was an entire scene that was left out because of someone missing their cue and it was vital to the story. In the next speaking scene they kind of said some extra to let us know what was missed. It was quite an awkward spot in the show because it literally stopped and was very clear something was up. Maybe the audience didn't notice, but I bet they did. In between the performances, they fed us a quick chicken sandwich and I had the complete pleasure of sitting at the same table as the 3 week old baby that plays Jesus. She was such a sweetie, and her name is Jordyn. She only did today's show.....there are 4 babies that switch in and out of the role. What a story she will have to tell one day. This show is indeed the biggest of it's kind in the world and millions of dollars have been spent on it. Tis no small deal!
After the last show of the day I changed clothes and drove to the PAC Christmas party. They had kept some dinner for me, how sweet! We played a fun gift exchanging game and Dave ended up with a neat serving set while I got 2 throw pillows. NICE!
I came home, only to work on laundry, straighten up and attempt to get things in order again. I will be busy the next several nights so I have been up late every night once I get home just keeping up with everything.
YAWN, I am headed to bed. We were given the morning OFF for playing services so I am glad about that.
No comments:
Post a Comment