Saturday, December 27, 2008

Columbus

Abbi and I are all settled in Columbus now at Dad's house.  It is a big change form Nicki's because we have this entire huge house to ourselves.  Lots of room to spread out in and a big playroom for Abbi full of toys and a tv with cable and DVD player.

Of course don't tell anyone that she is currently right here with me curled up on the couch while we watch a new horse movie she got for Christmas.  She wants close to her momma tonight.

Dad is doing good, I think he is very glad to have me here.  He seemed a little down the past few days, but he has perked up.  He is healing great and I caught the tail end of his physical therapy today, where he is doing very well.  I hope to catch the doctor on Monday and ask a few questions, and will for certain be visiting the social worker to discuss things.  The most recent release date we have for him is Jan 3, the very day I am scheduled to leave.  It is a detailed thing, the release date.  It almost all revolves around the fact that he has to be able to be by himself, Irene's children work during the day and they also are busy visiting her in the rehab center as well.  Dad and Irene are currently in the same room, which has lifted both of their spirits greatly.  When Irene is released, she will need full-time care.  So it seems that the plan is for Dad to be home and acclimated for a week before she is allowed to come home.  There are just so many factors.  He is doing very well, and the only reason neither of them are home is because the lack of full-time care available.  So, I will be discussing with the social worker about arranging for Dad's physical therapy to be at home as well as some other minor details.  A lot depends on if they move his date for release again or not.  

Dave and the girls and I all went to Tim Horton's for brunch, it was yummy.  Those donuts are so good (I had 2 chocolate donut holes lol in addition to my lunch) and Dave loves buying their coffee. We then headed over to see Dad and then said goodbye to Libbi and Dave as they left to start their journey back home.  I visited Dad for a bit then Abbi and I had dinner with Irene's daughter Debbie.  She and I talked at length about a lot of things, we have to work together as a team for our parents right now so catching up was vital to the way the net few weeks will work out.  She is so sweet and I am forever grateful that she has taken such good care of my Dad with us kids so far away.  It makes me wish I lived closer as I could see her as a wonderful friend.  We are going to try and work out to take both Dad and Irene out to dinner one night this week as we are allowed to take them out for a bit if they want.

So, now here we sit watching this movie and enjoying the peace and quiet.  A chocolate donut would be DIVINE right now, I am craving it something mad, but I will NOT give in to my desire and drive 4 miles to get one.  I have fat free popcorn that will have to so instead.  Tomorrow I will make chicken for Abbi and I for lunch and take some to Dad and Irene.  We had Frishe's tonight and wow I loved that.  I bought some things to make for meals here so I vowed to not eat out every meal.

It got to 67 degrees here today but was very windy.  It was nice to not even have to wear a jacket.  I tried to get Dad to go outside for a few minutes, but he wasn't up for it.  It will get cold again tomorrow.

Well, I want snuggle with Abbi for a bit and enjoy this bonding time.

No comments: