Monday, December 29, 2008

More Wind

Yep, it's windy again tonight.  Apparently because of the flatness here it is windy most of the time.  It was very still and quiet last night, once I fell asleep.  It is odd sleeping without a man in the house...I miss my husband and just that male presence.  I jump at every single noise.  Imagine with the wind how many unusual noises I am hearing!  I just have not been sleeping well, and therefore have been in bed until after 10 am each morning.  Course that's only 9 am my time.  Seems that I sleep better during daylight hours, and am less scared.

They are calling for snow Wednesday and Friday, just flurries, but I sure hope so!

My brother and his son Zachary are coming Friday.  Abbi is VERY excited and it will be very nice to see both of them.

I did not speak to the social worker today as she was not in her office when I checked and I was helping Dad do a few things (pay some bills, physical therapy, etc).  Tomorrow I should get a chance to speak with her and ask my questions.  Dad was doing well today, but he had no appetite and that caused him to be lightheaded some.  They really work him hard in physical therapy, lots of leg exercises to strengthen especially the leg he had the veins removed from, made me tired just to watch!  They also had him walking up and down stairs.  Dad was busy thinking of what food might actually taste god to him.  Like I said before, very little tastes like much of anything.  Well, he said how about some chicken noodle soup from Panera.  Irene wanted some also so I made the trip to get them some dinner.  When I brought it back, Dad tried it and he smiled!  He could actually taste it and said it tasted great!  BIG HAPPY SIGH OF RELIEF.  He's not been eating much lately.  The medicines change the way things taste and also the food they serve there does not look or smell real appetizing.  I brought the rest home to take back for him to lunch tomorrow.  I am sure he will feel a LOT better after having eaten that.

Tomorrow I will discuss with the social worker bringing both Dad and Irene home for a day pass on New Year's Day.  Irene's kids and I will all be here so there re plenty of adults to help.  Dad wants to give being home a try as a practice for being here in a few short days if we can get everything worked out for his therapy etc.  

Everyone is still commenting on how Dad has really perked up since I got here.  

Irene has a chemo treatment tomorrow, so she will go to OSU hospital to get that and should return back to the center by dinner.  Abbi is going to go hang out with Brooke, Debbie's daughter (they live next door) so I can go be with Dad.  Abbi has been AWESOME with spending 2-5 hours in the center with Dad and Irene each day, but I know it is wearing on her to have to be so quiet and confined.  She gets a little antsy and I try to take her on a walk or something and it has worked so far.  She is really looking forward to being with Brooke for a few hours tomorrow though.  She got to call Daddy and Libbi tonight and was happy about that.

Not a lot else to type about tonight.  I am cold (the wind is bringing colder temps) and wish I had my big bathtub to hop into about right now.  Might just break down and get in one of the little ones here, have not decided.

Life is just at a different pace here this week and I like it.  I miss home, but I needed this time with my Dad.  It helps me knowing he is going to be okay.  I would in no way be enjoying all this down time if he was not okay.

Well, time to fold some laundry and get Abbi in the bath.




No comments: