I hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday. We sure have.
We arrived in Cincinnati Monday night after a very smooth drive up. The girls were behaved wonderful and we only stopped 3 times briefly for potty breaks. I was surprised at how well it all went! Nicki had Skyline 3 ways ready for dinner and that was yummy!
Tuesday, we loaded the van and went to see Brian and Angie and their two kids Chase and Hunter. We intended only to drop in, but stayed for 4.5 hours! It had been a few years since we saw them. The kids all enjoyed playing together and I know Dave and Brian were glad to see each other again too. While there, it began to rain and it froze on the ground and cars. I slipped a little coming out of the house and have a nice bruise on my shin, but otherwise and just fine. I had also been able to get in touch with Tari and Lance and we met up with them for dinner. I have known Lance since middle school and I met Tari soon before I met Dave and married him. They now have two boys and we all had a nice time at Applebee's for dinner.
Then we met back up with Dave's sisters and all their kids at BW3s...can I tell you how awesome it is that smoking is no longer permitted indoors?????
Wednesday we woke to find ourselves headed to Dave's brother's....Chris lives in a home for handicapped adults. It can accommodate 4 men, not sure how many are there. Nicki and Dave had to go spend some money of his or he would lose it....so they got him a new flat screen tv and vcr/dvd player for his room. It all took a LOT longer than planned and the kids all got very restless. Michelle took them back to her place to chill. Once we finished installing the tv we went back to Nicki's and wrapped presents. After that we headed to get the girls and all of us head out to the Christmas Eve with the Zwisslers. In other words, all of Dave's Dad's side of the family. Although Dave's Dad and Aileen decided a few days ago not to come to Ohio for Christmas so they weren't there. It was good to see everyone, although we were only there for about an hour.
Before we had left, I was outside with the girls and we saw Santa and Rudolph! I spotted a plane and I convinced the girls that Santa had extra white spotlights to help him see through the clouds. Once we got back home, they ate something then got ready for bed. I think around 1 am I was finally able to put out the Santa things and head to bed myself.
We were awakened at 6:45 am by Michelle with her crew. The kids were heading back to northern Ohio to be with their Dad so they needed to leave early. We actually had to wake the girls up...how funny is that? They loved opening presents. Let's see...the list:
Abbi got her much wanted American Girl Doll Julie, along with lots of books, some barbies, etc. Libbi got an mp3 player, some Littlest Pet Shop things, barbies, etc. Dave got his Ansil Adams desk and wall calendars. He did manage to get me a flute playing angel, and it is beautiful!
The girls are now napping and I am headed for a shower before we head out to Aunt Glenna's for dinner. It is tough sharing just one bathroom, but I tell ya I LOVE Nicki's bed so I will not complain.
Tomorrow we will head to Columbus to see my Dad. He is still in the rehab center. Abbi and I will stay there and fly back home January 3. Libbi and Dave will drive back here Saturday then on Sunday drive on back to Memphis. Dad will be going home early next week so I will be there to help him out.
Well...that shower calls me and I have 2 hours before I need to be ready to go.
No comments:
Post a Comment