I am in a fowl mood and just starting to improve.
It all went down like this. I left work at 4:30 pm, stopped to get gas (at $1.41 a gallon WOW) then went to pick the girls up to get them to dance class.
They were ready for a change, in good moods and we had a very pleasant ride to the dance studio (all of 4 minutes away lol).
They did a great job of dancing and working on their 2 dances for the performance next weekend and were very excited to practice in their costume skirts.
I took them to the little Mexican place by us to celebrate, and to NOT cook for a change, or eat turkey leftovers yet again.
Behavior at dinner was mostly good and they ate everything but their plates.
THEN, we came home.
And it very, super quickly went downhill from there. If you do not wish to hear a bunch of big time griping, then stop reading now. Check back tomorrow.
Dave is at a meeting, which is absolutely not a problem.
I asked the girls to immediately change out of their dance clothes and put them back into their dance bags (so I don't have to go on searches to find clothes on their other dance days this week or wash something they wore all of 2 hours total). Nope, they had to be asked many, many times.
They were asked to make their lunches and then they would get a bath. After all, usually it is a shower to save time. Nope, they had to be asked many times to make their lunches (while STILL in the dance clothes).
I told them they had wasted too much time to get baths (they love baths, it is a treat to them since usually they get showers to save time) so they would have to take a shower and have no playtime while in there.
Abbi finally got in the shower and STILL had not put her dance clothes in her dance bag. She also tried to play in the shower. She thought I couldn't see in the bathroom. You see, I was in my room folding all that laundry I have talked about, I could see straight into the shower and that she was playing. I yelled at her twice to stop, with the warning that she would lose her tv for a month if she didn't get out pronto (she only watches it on the weekends as it is). Then Libbi was shuffled in the shower, but wow does she take a LONG time to get in. She washed her hair quickly, but started playing. Um, HELLO??? There was still shampoo in her hair and I asked her to rinse it out. She did rinse it, but went back to playing......GRRRRR, Didn't she hear me fussing really loud at Abbi? So I counted to 3 and she still played and I had Abbi shut the shower off. Oh how she completely dislikes this. Oh well.
Amazingly, she got out and got dressed quickly. STILL...no dance clothes where they were supposed to be. I then asked both girls to go upstairs and brush their teeth and get all the dirty clothes upstairs to me........I lost count of the times I told them to go. Well, they went but they must have been playing, because teeth were not getting brushed and no dirty clothes were making their way down to me.
FINALLY, the dirty clothes came down. I am COMPLETELY convinced that ALL the clothes I folded last week (ok, so most anyways) for them were not put away. I think they just mixed them in with their dirty clothes, there is absolutely no way I saw them wear all those things last week and it would mean they wore, oh about 4 outfits a day. Here I thought I was at the end of my catching up on laundry....nope. GRRRR, oh I let them hear it. I tried to figure out the clean verses the dirty, but I couldn't. So, ALLLLLLLLLLLL of it will be washed again.
So, then I asked them to turn the lights off and get in bed....by now it is 8:35, WAY after bedtime. You think that happened? NOPE. GRRR, thinking nasty words, yelling louder at them to get in bed NOW or tvs gone for a month. I went upstairs and they were arguing over a pillow. OH MY GOSH. Honestly! So, I yelled pretty loud and told them in clear English that it was now or big trouble. They lost getting to listen to their radios as they fall asleep.
So, I sit here and wonder WHAT THE HECK WENT WRONG!!!????
They have been going to bed wonderfully, asking to go to bed before 8 pm each night. The routine has been fairly simple and they listened to instructions and did as asked. There was trouble last night with them getting quiet when they got in bed, and Libbi tried to sneak and sleep in with Abbi. I actually can understand that part as the girls slept together over break while company was here and sleeping in Abbi's room. Libbi is VERY routine oriented and she just got used to sleeping with her sister. But, I will not bend my weekday, school night routines and rules just because.
Santa may not make a visit here this year. My entire attitude went from fairly calm and happy to becoming completely undone. I am just now (an hour later) calming down. SIGH. I just want to rewind and do it over, and do something even a little different in hopes that things wouldn't get as difficult as they were.
Tomorrow is yet another day. I will anticipate that and also know that their clothes are laid out already, their lunches are made, Abbi's dance bag is ready for tomorrow, and backpacks are ready for tomorrow. Now, we are putting off homework until tomorrow night, they just were NOT in any frame of mind to sit and do it tonight. They have until Friday to turn it in, so we have a few days left.
Must be something about the day. My students at school were a bit off kilter too. GOOD classes were talkative and antsy. Bad classes were tolerable. It was really cold today, I think we ALL would have been better off at home hehe.
BUT, it is now the end of my day, girls are asleep and all is quiet, except my dryer running. I have 3 more loads to wash, as of this minute. Won't get them all done tonight. Wish I could. Tomorrow WILL be better, it just has to.
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment