Monday, December 1, 2008

A hot bath makes it all better

I took a break and jumped in the tub for a nice, long soak. The jacuzzi jets took away all the stress of the hour and a half weirdness this evening. All is right again in my world. Dave got home thirty minutes ago and sharing my woes with him, in a nice way, helped. Sometimes I get so frustrated that I talk to him in "that tone" and it in turn makes us frustrated with each other. I instead stayed calm and simply told him what happened and what I did and that it was a bad night. I think I often put my anger at a situation onto him, and it comes across to him as nagging or somehow blaming him, when really it is not that at all.

Whatever it is, I feel much better! My bed will call me really soon. It is COLD outside (30 degrees). Oh, and we did not get a single snowflake, that I saw at least. It was a super cloudy and dreary day. I am sure that there was no outside recess today, hmm, another reason the girls were off????

I also killed a big spider in the shower. Abbi squealed and came running to tell me about a spider. So, since Dave was not home I had to be the heroic Mommy, and I hate spiders. So, I left the shower on, and grabbed cups. Told the girls to fill them with hot water. I was going to drown the spider and send it going down the drain. AND I WON!!!! Yep, I drowned that thing and whoosh it went and I saved the day and got the girls in the shower. Now, honestly, did we really need that extra drama on top of everything else? NO, but I beat the spider and my girls got in the shower. One for Jennie, Zero for spiders.

No comments: