Sunday, December 28, 2008

NO POWER

Yep, some nasty rain and wind storms moved through here last night into this morning and we had no power from 4-6 am and then again from 10:30-12:30 pm.  The wind was awful around 5 am and I was admittedly a bit scared as the windows rattled and the wind howled.  I was convinced the windows would come crashing in or something like that, but thankfully that did not happen.  It rained really hard and may have thundered a little bit.  Do you know how COLD a 7 year old's feet are when they touch you in the middle of the night?  Well, COLD.  I told her if she was to sleep in my bed tonight then she must wear socks.

Having no power really put us behind on our plans for the day.  Because we were awake so much overnight we both slept until about 10 am.  I was preparing to get up and shower when the power went out again.  It was bright and sunny so we had some light.  We then just laid around in bed and enjoyed being lazy for a rare change.  I then found some candles and was going to take a shower as I thought they had gas water heater here....around noon Debby stopped by to check on us as her power was out too (she lives next door).  GOOD THING as I learned had I gotten in the shower I would not have had even enough water to get my hair wet.  Not gas heat. after all.  The power came back on though and we were able to shower and have lunch.  I baked some chicken to take to Dad and Irene.  Once I walked out the door it was about 3:15.  I have to say that it was w great sight to see my Dad sitting in the chair in his room when I got there.  He was happy to see the newspaper and us.  The nurses and Debby and Marty keep telling me that he has perked up considerably since we arrived a few days ago.  They had just left wen we arrived, so Irene was already very tired.  After Dad read the paper he wanted to take a walk and escape his room for a bit.  Turns out that it looks like we are going to spring Dad for a day and bring him home here on New Years.  He is excited about that.  I'll talk to Debby and Marty soon and see what they have cooked up.  Dad said Irene is most likely not going to escape for the day.  

I hope to get to see the doctor tomorrow and talk to him, as well as talk to the social worker about the things to expect when Dad is released....like how much more physical therapy, when will he be able to drive, etc.  Abbi and I are also going to give the house a good cleaning.  No one has lived here since the beginning of December, so it needs some attention.  Not that it is a mess, it is quite nice, just dusty and needs vacuuming.  I can handle that.

Abbi and I watched a horse movie tonight...Leap of Faith, about a blind girl.  It was good and I ALMOST cried lol.

This is the quiet time I have craved for a very long time now.  I am relaxing and it is so nice to not be here alone.  I am very glad I have Abbi with me.  She is being so good and is so happy with the playroom here that I rarely see her and have had to suggest the movie to watch for the evening just to be with her.

Dave and Libbi got home to Memphis this afternoon.  I know he is glad to be home.  Libbi will be staying with our friends the days Dave has to go to work, which she will love because she will get to be with her friends.  The girls are already missing each other, it's sweet when they talk on the phone to each other.

Well.....not much else to report for today

No comments: