Thursday, December 18, 2008

A NICE evening at home

Both girls did GREAT at school today, and no I am not kidding either. They really did. They had a lot of trouble this morning following directions when they got up so I took their stockings down and told them Santa wasn't going to stop by with the way they have been acting. I told them we'd put them back up once they started getting better marks at school and listening better at home.

I am happy to say it was a good day all around for them. I stayed at work until around 6 getting caught up on some work, and he had dinner ready wen I walked in the door. We ate then I had the girls sign Christmas cards for their teachers and finish their homework. Then they took turns in the bath and I did their toenails (gross, I know but it had been weeks since I had time to do them so I figured it was time and I was finally home), then had snacks, brushed teeth and went right to bed. They really were VERY good tonight, I think they may have taken to heart taking the stockings down for not behaving as well as they should. It helped remind them to listen to us, do as they are told, and get along. I think having me back at home finally in the evenings helped too. I know they have missed me with all the performances I have had.

I talked to my Dad tonight and I may not go to Columbus until Dec 25 late or Dec 26. I will try to spend Christmas with Dave's family and my girls before heading up there. He said he will be in the rehab center until Dec. 29 probably. He is doing well. He has lost 30 pounds (this is very normal his doctor said) and is keeping busy with physical therapy. Irene was moved to the same rehab center yesterday, but as of today he still had not seen her. If I wait to go then I can stay until early January and be there to help him at home the first few days. I will talk to Dad tomorrow and see how he feels about this.

My choir kids had their concert today and it was WONDERFUL! They made one tiny error at the end of one of their songs, but nothing noticeable by the crowd t all. They really sang beautiful and considering we only meet for an hour once a week and were only formed about 6 weeks ago, it was amazing!

Well, I have some things to do before bed.

No comments: