Today was a great day! We spent most of it together as a family. We woke up early....Dave and Libbi headed off to get the oil changed in my van, while Libbi and I headed to church for a rehearsal I had. Abbi was thrilled her friend Gloria and her brother were there and they went to the babysitting area during practice to play. I fully intended on having Abbi in with me for practice, but she didn't want that lol. Practice lasted almost 3 hours, but went fairly quickly. We then all met back up at home. Dave cleaned the van inside and out to get it ready for our trip and I actually laid on the couch here and dozed. Can't tell you the last time I did that! Around 2 we were hungry so we scrouged together what we already had...and basically grazed for lunch. Then I got the girls ready...we were of to see SANTA at Bass Pro Shops. We had heard he was a good one and there were crafts to do and all sorts of fun things. We sure were not disappointed! We didn't even have to wait in line. Abbi asked for an American Girl Doll (Julie) and Libbi asked for Littlest Pet Shop items. The girls wore red turtlenecks and black pants and really looked nice but comfy. We looked around for a bit and were lucky to catch them feeding the fish in the big tank inside the store. The girls loved that. We then went to Walmart to buy our lunch fixin's for the trip to Ohio.
When we got home, Dave dropped us off and left to go pick up a pizza (we had a free one). After we ate, the girls and I sat down to work on the gingerbread house. I sat down at 7 pm to start on it, and Abbi and I finished it at 10:15 pm. I think it looks great and Dave did get some pictures of it too. Libbi helped for a bit, but she quickly pooped out and wanted to go to bed. She fell asleep on the couch while waiting for Dave to turn her tv on.
This is one of those evenings I hope to never forget. I have never done a gingerbread house, and to do one with my children was special. Now, the house itself was done already, all I had to do was basically decorate, but for the first one ever that was the way to go.
The girls FINALLY got to play outside some yesterday and today. It had been so cold and rainy. Well, it got to 73 degrees yesterday (not much sun though) and today about 55. The temps are dropping though and tomorrow the high is to be just 31 degrees...BRRRR.
The one thing I think I dislike the most about living down here is the way the temperatures swing so wildly from one day to the next. Where else can you wear a bikini one day and a snowski suit the next??? OK, so no bikini for this gal, but you get the idea of the weather. Ohio will be very cold as well. I sure hope to see some snow while we are there!
It was nice to have a day with the family. Last night the girls went to daycare while we went to dinner then finished the Santa shopping and such. We decided to take Santa with us to Ohio, I don't want to confuse the girls with having him come early here and I sure don't want to wait ntil January to do it either. We'll give them their gifts we got them before we leave. That will help us not have to take so much.
Dave has his favorite kind of Christmas sugar cookies and is dipping them in milk....ewwwww. Funny thing is, the girls do that too, hmmmmm wonder where they elarned it? Not that they eat cookies much but still. OK, so Libbi dips bread in her lemonade, that's just plain WIERD, no idea where she came up with that but she likes it, so more power to her.
We got word tonight that Dave's dad and Aileen will not be going to Ohio for the holidays. We will sure miss seeing them. It is hard to believe that winter break is here and we will be leaving in 36 hours to go!
No comments:
Post a Comment