First things first....it is midnight and I am just now sitting down. I got home about an hour ago. Dave was still awake, but in bed. I asked him if the girls got their homework done. He said yes. I asked if he checked their work to see it was done. His response was "well, they told me it was done".
RED FLAG
I checked their backpacks and not a lick of homework was done (or otherwise what was started earlier in the week to be closer to done for tomorrow was not done). I was so angry! So, now neither girl has their homework done, and it is due tomorrow morning. I sat with both of them while they did over half of what was due, last night.
Honestly, when did it become so difficult for him to check their folders? Since when did he take the word of a 5 and 7 year old who have been a bit high strung this week?
Then I go in the kitchen, it is a disaster area! I had left it cleaned but tonight it was far from it. Is it so difficult to put a few dirty dishes in the dishwasher?
It as taken me almost an hour to clean a kitchen I did not mess up, go through the girl's folders and get some laundry going.
I firmly believe my husband is in some way trying to get "even" with me for me going to be gone so much this coming week. I have been gone a lot the past week too. I am so frustrated with him. What is he doing that makes him unable to clean his dishes and unable to check homework and ensure it is done? I mean....isn't that ANY PARENT'S job? Considering I said goodbye to my girls at 7 am, and the fact that when I tried calling Dave at 5:45 pm he did not answer the call no did he try to call me back at all. I was calling to help remind him to help with homework.
Am I angry? Am I bitter......YOU BET! The sink mess told me he made a cheesecake....ok, what for? I know of nothing where one of them had been requested. I also bet he was at his computer, while they were still awake.
The girls have not had a good week at all. They are on the verge of losing Christmas and tvs for 3 months. They lost their birthday party for bad behavior, but that has not seemed to phase them as we attempt to remind them how sad that was. They have not been following directions at school.
Now, I know from teaching 500 students at my work this week that most kids are having a rough time focusing this time of year, but I simply refuse to let that be an sort of excuse for their poor behavior.
At home with them last night, it was NOT good. Libbi got hot sauce on her tongue from me twice before she realized that not following Mommy's directions is not cool. They have to be told to do a simple task several times and even though we wake them up at 6:15 am, they cannot find it in them to be dressed and eating breakfast by 7 am like is the norm. The whining from Libbi is driving me nuts.
WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO MY KIDS???? Whatever has stolen them and altered them needs to come back SOON and give me my sweet girls back. At this rate I will need to buy stock in hot sauce, or move to something wya stronger!
Sorry, I am just ticked off royally and cannot shake it.
My student's programs today went VERY well. I am glad they are over now. I got to Tree dress rehearsal an hour late BUT they had gone through some of the tricky spots of the show and had not yet begun the official dress rehearsal. THANKFULLY, thye spent an hour on that and right after I got there they started on the full run top to bottom.
A few glitches here and there, but it went fairly well. Opening night is tomorrow, WHOO HOO!
I am cold and it is now almost 12:15. I feel a bit better for venting. Now hopefully the girls will wake up, get dressed and then work on some homework hopefully.
No comments:
Post a Comment