So, how we are spending the big countdown:
1-Trying to stay awake, though I am not too tired. Abbi has just laid down on the couch and that COULD mean she misses the big moment. But I won't let her. Even though we are not here under the best circumstances, I know she will remember this holiday with her Mommy.
2-Watching tv shows that are appropriate for her to see and not bore me to death. Which means right now I have it on food network watching them name some finalist in a contest thingy. Not sure what exactly but it is interesting. The 3 finalists had videos made for their own cooking show and they are showing them right now. One down, 2 to go!
3-Laundry. Abbi informed me about 15 minutes ago that she had no more clean jeans. WHOO HOO, something to occupy some time. So we got the laundry together and a load is in right now. The girl will have clean jeans!
4-SNACK! We had a snack of champions consisting of green grapes and natural white cheddar cheetos just a bit ago. We are such the celebrators!
5-Abbi was just excited to learn the colors of onions...she now knows about red, yellow, white, green. Now ask her if she'll eat any of them. OH WAIT, she loves the teeny onions on McDonald's cheeseburgers. You'd be thinking correctly if you believe the girl won't touch any other onions. She is so like me.....picky eater but odd likes/dislikes.
6-COMFY FURNITURE. There is a huge oversized recliner here that I have claimed during my stay. Only I am not using the reclining part. Instead of I am using an ottoman thingy that goes with the other chair in here. I figure after sitting in a chair most of the day with Dad that my feet need to be up, along with my legs. Abbi has claimed the couch that matches this recliner. She is all set up on it with pillows, her webkin and a blanket. Only tonight she wants to sleep up with me, which is what I want as well after my last few nights.
7-MY LAPTOP has been my source of staying in touch with the outside world while I am relatively confined here. The evenings we have been home early it has been my companion and kept me occupied. I know, many updates here I have typed and I have done some work for school (well, not a lot, but some). Abbi wants to visit webkins website but I won't let her on my work laptop so it won't crash.
8-17 minutes to go, we may just make it yet! 1 more of the videos to watch. A plantain looks like a banana, but I wonder if it tastes like one. Inquiring minds sorta wanna know. This guy is funny! This sure beats New Year's celebration shows that get worse and worse each year. Or maybe I get older and older and they just seem cheesier to me.
9-If Dad lived near more civilization, I bet we'd hear fireworks, pots and pans and your basic New Year's celebrations...but NOPE, Dad lives sorta in the sticks off a one lane NOT busy road and the homes sit on lots a few acres large. Like I said it is VERY quiet here, I would probably be scared if I hear celebrating hehehe. Not to mention it is 14 degrees outside, not counting wind chill.
10-TIME KEEPER. My Abbi just checked the official time and we have 11 minutes left now. Don't even start to think that I type slow with the times being posted here. I keep stopping and watching tv. Why? BECAUSE I CAN for a rare change in my life.
Well......8 minutes to go so off I go. Just Abbi and I. Dave and Libbi are already asleep at home and besides they have an hour left to go anyways. It just hit me...no New Year's kiss for me. Hm, I will have to wait until Saturday.
No comments:
Post a Comment